Game of the Night:
Florida State- 66 Duke- 61
The Seminoles dictated a slow tempo throughout the game and a stifling defensive attack en route to an upset 66-61 home win over Duke.
Seminole guard Derwin Kitchen put the team on his back. He played with fire and aggression, scoring 22 points and pulling down 10 rebounds.
The Seminoles hit five consecutive free-throws down the stretch to preserve the win.
Duke shot just 31-percent from the field.
The interior play of Duke was exposed a bit.
It's the third time that Florida State beat Duke at home since 2002. The win also snaps the Blue Devils 25-game winning streak.
UPSET OF THE NIGHT- LOOK ABOVE FSU OVER DUKE
- The quintessential top three of the Big East (Pitt, Syracuse and Nova) all won in convincing fashion tonight. Pitt and Syracuse on the road, and Nova over Louisville at home
- No. 2 Ohio State and No. 3 Kansas didn't play their best basketball, but both won winnable road conference games by narrow margins. The Buckeyes defeated Michigan 68-64, and the Jayhawks took care of Iowa State 84-79.
- No 6. San Diego State did what it had to do, win at home over UNLV in Mountain West play 55-49.
- How about Colorado, a sleeper in the Big 12, picking up a nice road win over No. 20 Kansas State 74-66.
- No. 13 Texas A&M destroys Oklahoma State at home 71-48.
Top Three Performances
- Derwin Kitchen (FSU) 22 pts, 10 reb in win over No. 1 Duke
- Kawhi Leonard (SDSU) 15 pts 17 reb in 55-49 win over UNLV
- Ashton Gibbs (Pitt) 22 pts in road win over No. 19 Georgetown