The college basketball season is preparing to enter March, where the madness of the season will take place. Many teams will be preparing to have that one shining moment in the chance of winning the title, while others wonder what they will do next.
In many cases, "next" is making a coaching change. In looking at the coaches on this list, as well as others that were considered, several themes came to light. They are:
• What Have You Done For Me Lately? - The coaches in this group have had success in their careers but have seen a significant drop-off in recent seasons. They could be reaching the point where they can no longer rest on their laurels.
• Please, Can We Go Dancing? - These coaches might have tasted some success, even posting winning records and making trips to the NIT, but the promise of NCAA dancing has yet to be fulfilled.
• Really, This Is It? - These coaches have had ups and downs, might even had their dancing shoes on at some point, but just are leaving the faithful wondering where things went wrong.
• This Just Isn't Working Out. - These coaches are in situations that are just not working out. Success has not really happened and it might be time for a change to take place before the coach makes some top 10 list of bad coaches.
• Bad, Bad Boy...Rules Are to Be Followed. - Success on the court is overshadowed by problems off the court. Only so much can be handled by the faithful and despite winning games, they may be losers off it and shown the door.
The following coaches are on the hot seat for the reasons stated above, so let the list begin.