Morehead State's Kenneth Faried Grabs D1 Career Rebounding Record
Kenneth Faried moved into a good neighborhood on Saturday.
Morehead State's 6'8" forward center moved ahead of Tim Duncan to establish the modern-era (since 1973, when freshmen became eligible to compete on the varsity level) NCAA Division I career rebounding record today.
The following is a list of the top five career rebounding leaders:
5. Ralph Sampson, Virginia Cavaliers
- 132 Games
- 1,511 Rebounds
4. Malik Rose, Drexel Dragons
- 120 Games
- 1,514 Rebounds
3. Derrick Coleman, Syracuse Orange
- 143 Games
- 1,537 Rebounds
2. Tim Duncan, Wake Forest Demon Deacons
- 128 Games
- 1,570 Rebounds
1. Kenneth Faried, Morehead State Eagles
Andy Lyons/Getty Images
- 129 Games
- 1,576 Rebounds*
* = With two regular season games left.