NCAA Basketball Recap For 1/11/11:A Spartan Season Turnaround Win Over Wisconsin
Game of the Night:
Michigan State 64 Wisconsin 61 OT
Is this the win Michigan State needed to turn their season around? They picked up a huge 64-61 nail-biting overtime win over Wisconsin on Tuesday night.
Wisconsin is 34-1 when holding a lead with under 4:00 to play.
With 2:39 to go Wisconsin held a 51-43 advantage. They turned the ball over three times in the final minute which led to the Spartans tying the game at 53 and forcing overtime.
The Spartans Draymond Green is still shooting a lot of jump shots, but tonight he got to the rim more often. He scored the first eight Michigan State points in overtime. He finished the game with 26 points
Michigan State guard Kalin Lucas started slow and dealt with foul trouble, but he made some key plays down the stretch. He was aggressive as he slashed to either get to the tin, or dish it off for an open jump shot. He had 17 points and six assists, but was just 4-for-17 from the field.
Michigan State forward Delvon Roe did a great job on Wisconsin’s leading scorer Jon Leuer who finished with just 10 points on 3-of-9 shooting.
Wisconsin center Keaton Nankavil did all he could. He scored 17 points, knocking down 5-of-6 three point attempts.
Player of the Game:
UPSET OF THE NIGHT- Penn State 57 (16) Illinois 55
Andrew Jones' putback with .7 left gave the Nittany Lions the win.
Illinois better start hitting the glass if they want to be successful in the NCAA Tournament. They were out-rebound by Penn State 33-27.
Talor Battle is quickly becoming this year's version on Maryland great Greiviz Vasquez; a player who can let it fly from anywhere on the court. And make them!
With the shot clock running down midway through the second half for Penn State, Battle stood at the top of the Penn State decal basketball in hand. He set his feet, launched, and split the strings! Bryce Jordan Center exploded!
Battle had 26 points on the night, 4-for-9 from three.
- Tenth ranked BYU's Jimmer Fredette had just 47 points in a 104-79 win over Utah.
- No. 9 Connecticut and No. 14 Kentucky both had convincing wins at home against inferior conference opponents. The Huskies beat Rutgers 67-53, Kentucky trounced Auburn 78-54.
- Tennessee falls to 0-2 in the SEC after a tough 81-75 overtime loss at home to Florida. The Gators on the other hand go to 2-0 in the conference.
- No. 14 Texas and Baylor pick up convincing Big 12 wins over Texas Tech and Oklahoma respectively.
- How about Boston College and the job first year head coach Steve Donahue (former Cornell coach) has done. The Eagles start 3-0 in the ACC after a 75-66 home win against NC State.
TOP 3 PERFORMANCES
- Jimmer Fredette (BYU)- 47 points in a 104-79 win over Utah.
- Talor Battle (PSU)- 26 points in a 57-55 upset home win over No. 16 Illinois.
- Reggie Jackson (BC)- 29 pts, 5 reb, and 6 asst in 75-66 win over NC State.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?