The North Carolina Tar Heels Lead for Justin Knox
InsideCarolina is reporting that UNC leads for Alabama transfer Justin Knox after his recent visit. You can go over there and read what they have to say, but I will give you some important nuggets here.
1. A lead this late in the game is always good. It is like leading with two minutes left in the ball game. That team rarely loses.
2. Knox does not have much time left to visit other schools, with the main one being Georgia Tech. It is widely believed the race is between UNC and Georgia Tech, and now Georgia Tech may not get another visit due to the dead period. The dead period begins Thursday, and will not end until after next week. That leads us to point No. 3.
3. Knox wants to choose his school by June 1. That only gives him a day or two to visit Georgia Tech. His uncle, also his mentor, said that is unlikely to happen.
4. UNC pulled out all the stops and it will be hard for him to turn down. North Carolina is a storied school and has an even more storied basketball program. That is important to a young man who values education and who loves basketball.
5. Knox wanted to stay close to home, but that will not be possible since Alabama's' restrictions on him were upheld. He cannot not go to a in-state school in the Alabama system, an SEC school, or a school on Alabama's 2010-2011 schedule. This notably keeps Knox from choosing UAB, one of his favorites.
Those are just a few nuggets from this latest development. My prediction is that Knox will choose UNC. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. The question is now what does Jack do. Only time will tell.
Follow me on Twitter
For the latest on UNC football and basketball visit the TarHeel Report
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?