Its the best time of the year.
Its that simple. March Madness is upon us, here are 65 fearless predictions about the field of 65 in this years Tournament.
64. Ty Lawson's absence will not affect UNC, and all the No. 1's win round one continuing the run of winless 16 seeds.
63. Siena will beat Ohio State despite Ohio State inexplicably getting to play in Dayton.
62. Arizona will prove to be tournament worthy with a first round upset over Utah.
61. North Dakota State will give Kansas a "Bison" scare (remember Bucknell?), but they will survive.
60. West Virginia will beat Kansas in the second round to advance to the sweet-16.
59. USC will beat Boston College in the No. 10-7 matchup.
58. The two best Tournament coaches in the country will face-off in the elite eight, with Louisville beating Michigan State. Most brain power of all-time in a single game as Izzo and Pitino will have a chess match.
57. Northern Iowa will upset Purdue in the first round.
56. The Washington Huskies will beat UCONN to get to the elite eight, as Thabeet finds himself on the bench for most of the game in foul trouble.
55. The Missouri Tigers will beat Memphis and go to the elite eight.
54. Washington will go to the final four with a win over Mizzou.
53. Tennessee will beat Oklahoma State in the No. 9-8 matchup.
52. They will continue on to give Pittsburgh a good half of basketball, before fading in the second half.
51. Portland State will advance in the East Region over Xavier, building on last year's Tourney experience .
50. Eric Maynor will not be able to lead VCU to another first round upset with Darren Collison chasing him around.
49. Pittsburgh will meet Villanova in the elite eight.
48. Pittsburgh will win every game before the final four by at least double digits.
47. LSU will beat Butler, and pose a very tough second game for UNC.
46. UNC will still take care of business vs. LSU.
45. Arizona State will beat everyone's sexy No. 3 seed—Syracuse, in the second round.
44. Clemson-Michigan is the most intriguing first round matchup.
43. Clemson will win the matchup.
42. Blake Griffin will be semi-contained by Jeff Pendergraph and Arizona State will beat Oklahoma to go to the elite eight.
41. James Harden will be the tournament MVP through three rounds.
40. UNC will make it three No. 1-seeds to make the final four with a double-digit win over ASU.
39. If a No. 15 seed were to beat a No. 2 seed, it would be CS Northridge over Memphis.
38. No double digit seed will make it to the sweet 16.
37. The two overrated No. 2 seeds (Memphis, Duke) will at least avoid embarrasment by advancing to the sweet 16 due to great draws.
36. Pittsburgh has the easiest road to the final four of the No. 1 seeds.
35. Louisville has the hardest.
34. Hasheem Thabeet's draft stock will go down after the tournament.
33. Earl Clark and James Harden's draft stocks will see the biggest increase of any players.
32. The toughest region is the Midwest.
31. Followed by the South.
30. Followed by the East.
29. And finally the West.
28. Marquette needs Mathews and McNeal to combine for 45 points to beat Mizzou.
27. The one player that means the most to his team is Hasheem Thabeet.
26. The deepest team is Louisville.
25. The X-factor for each of the number one seeds are: Louisville-Edgar Sosa
24. UNC-Ty Lawson (his health)
23. Pitt-Levance Fields
22. UCONN-Kemba Walker (other than Thabeet)
21. Villanova will be in the elite eight by beating Duke.
20. The MVP of the Midwest will be Terrence Williams
19. The West: Isiah Thomas
18. The East: Sam Young
17. The South: Tyler Hansbrough
16. The team to keep an eye on in the Midwest: West Virginia
15. West: BYU
14. East: Tennessee
13. South: Arizona State
12. Player to keep an eye on in the Midwest: Kenny Hasbrouk (Siena)
11. West: Robbie Hummell (Purdue)
10. East: Wayne Chism (Tennessee)
9. South: Josh Heytvelt
8. Louisville over Washington in the final four.
7. Earl Clark dominant as he is an impossible guard for Washington.
6. UNC over Pitt in the final four.
5. Hansbrough gets Blair in foul trouble early and UNC goes wire-to-wire in the victory.
4. Dicky-V picks UNC to win the championship (extending the streak to 342 straight years where he picks UNC to win it all).
3. UNC wins a nailbiter to get back the championship.
2. Hansbrough gets 25 and 15 in his final collegiate game, and wins MOP.
1. It's gonna be one hell of a few weeks.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!