Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
There are simply too many storylines in this game. Here are the primary ones:
1. Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers played the QB position on a completely new level in 2011. They were the two most celebrated quarterbacks in postseason awards, as Rodgers won MVP while Brees won Offensive Player of the Year.
2. Rodgers is another quarterback Gregg Williams apparently placed a bounty upon. Much could be said, but frankly I'd rather let others waste their time on that. Nonetheless it is a storyline that should be mentioned.
3. Much like 2011, the Saints and Packers figure to be prime contenders for the NFC's Super Bowl spot. It is another possible NFC Championship Game preview.
4. The Saints want revenge for that sour taste in their mouth from last season's opening game loss. That loss prevented the Saints from getting a first-round bye. In fact, had the Saints won that game they probably would have received the No. 1 seed. If that had happened they'd likely be holding their second Super Bowl trophy right now.
5. In the Drew Brees era the Saints have only lost to the Packers once (only played three times).
Prediction: Packers 31, Saints 27