New York Yankees Continue to Baffle Injury Gods
Losing CC Sabathia and Andy Pettitte is far from out of the ordinary for the 2012 New York Yankees.
How can Yankees fans not roundhouse the nearest newspaper stand and yell, “What the heck next!?” regarding the steaming pile of injuries unloaded on this team’s front yard this season.
Never in my life have I seen anything like the level of brute attrition this club has endured.
Perhaps the Yanks are trying to become the official sponsor of every pain-relief ointment known to mankind, who knows.
One thing is for certain: Yankees trainers have to be praying to the DL gods for mercy.
Check out this list of some of the injuries so far:
- Michael Pineda goes down with a right shoulder injury.
- Brett Gardner develops a mysterious sore elbow.
- Eric Chavez falls out of running formation with whiplash.
- Mariano Rivera more than scrapes his knee shagging fly balls.
- Mark Teixeira battles a long-lasting sore throat.
- Ivan Nova takes a line drive to his foot.
- Clay Rapada gets a strange virus—in the same game Nova goes down.
- David Robertson strains his oblique.
- Nick Swisher needs crutches due to a deep charley horse on his thigh.
- CC Sabathia strains his abductor.
- Andy Pettitte snaps his fibula.
How in the world does Joe Girardi and Co. keep winning?
It is like the Yankees did not get that memo from Chinese military philosopher Sun Tzu that said attrition is to be avoided.
Talk about a team with resolve. In spite of all this attrition, New York is 46-28.
Meanwhile, the rest of the American League East has to be saying, “Come on man! What do we have to do to kill this Mockingbird?
Might I recommend Voodoo?
Whatever antidote the "Evil Empire" is taking to baffle the injury gods, I sure as heck would like some.
Related New York Yankees Articles
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?