After Mark Sanchez's brilliant mental lapse which left him sidelined against the Buccaneers, we got to see Kellen Clemens "brilliance", a 63.9 QB rating with a 50 percent completion rate. Obviously, the Jets need to upgrade their backup quarterback.
Sanchez has great talent, but needs teaching. He can't go to Schotty every time he needs help. He needs a veteran quarterback to talk to. Clemens is not that guy. For crying out loud, he only started nine more times than Sanchez in his four year career!
Here are five reasons why he should be signed:
1) He was released by the Panthers : Due to the final four restriction, the Jets basically cannot sign any UFAs. However, since Holmme-De was released, there are no restrictions.
2) He has similar playoff experience: In 2004, he came as a newcomer to lead a Cinderella-esque super bowl run.
3) He has had experience in a running offense: Over his career, he has played with running backs like DeAngelo Williams, Johnathan Stewart, Stephen Davis, and DeShaun Foster. He knows how to run the run.
4) He has had similar interception problems: Last season, he threw 18 picks to 8 TDs. He knows what it is like to have an opposing corner be a top receiver. Next time Sanchez throws a four-pick game to the Bills, he can get help from someone who can relate.
5) He is experienced : Over his career, he has started almost 100 games. He can be a great mentor for the Sanchise.
Tis my first article. Comment thy thoughts!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!