What's up, ladies and gentlemen? My name is Eric Kanes and March Madness, continues on Bleacher Report as I welcome you to Round 3 of both the Rock and Henry Brackets in the "Greatest WrestleMania Match of All Time" Tournament.
Which matches from Round 2 made it to the second half of the Elite Eight? Let's find out:
1. Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WM 17) (77.3 percent)
6. Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle (WM 19) (22.7 percent)
2. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (WM 17) (47.7 percent)
5. Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz (WM 2000) (52.3 percent)
1. Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage (WM 3) (42.9 percent)
7. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 21) (57.1 percent)
3. Edge vs. Mick Foley (WM 22) (71.4 percent)
4. Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho (WM 16) (28.6 percent)
Just like the Michaels/Austin Bracket, the results seem just about accurate for Round 2. In these Brackets, there weren't any major blow-outs which is good to see and this round looks like it'll be even tighter.
The only outcome I'd disagree with is the TLC (or Triangle Ladder Match) at WrestleMania 2000 beating Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit at WrestleMania 17. I thought Angle vs. Benoit was a better overall technical match, while the TLC match was a little slow compared to the others in the series.
Anyway, that's Round 2. Moving on to Round 3.