The Undertaker aka Mark Calaway is a legend, whose legacy has transcended limitations of time. Past or Future, the Undertaker has risen above it.
When the history of Pro-Wrestling would be written, Mark Calaway would feature as a prominent chapter of it. When we discuss about the future of WWE, inadvertently we realize that soon enough there will not be the Phenom. The hollow that we feel speaks volumes about the legacy of Deadman.
Legacy of this multifaceted superstar has been one of the most discussed topics in wrestling community. I decided to try my hands on it as well.
In my opinion there are two factors that made the legend of Undertaker so larger than life. First is Mark Calaway the person & performer and secondly the marketing excellence of WWE.
I have already written the first part of this dual. The first part dwelt upon marketing strategy behind Undertaker’s success. You can read it here.
Coming to the present article, this article will focus on total five elements.
- 1. It will try to explore the man behind the gimmick, Mark Calaway.
- 2. It will focus on Undertaker as a performer.
- 3. The third part would try to find out where the Undertaker stands in the history.
- 4. The fourth part would be a little sombre as it is about the future without the Undertaker.
- 5. The last part is a fan's confession, as to what this superstar means to him.
I hope that you enjoy the ride.