1. No Mercy - Peyton Manning, Ind QB
2. L.A. CONNECTION - Steve Smith, Car WR
3. CSACMA - Greg Jennings, GB WR
4. Did this dude just did this? - Ryan Mathews, SD RB
5. Fantasy Assassins MF - Steve Smith, NYG WR
6. FantasyLion.com - Joseph Addai, Ind RB
7. HAWKNATION - Anquan Boldin, Bal WR
8. JerrysJets - Dallas Clark, Ind TE
9. Ficitional Thugs - Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
10. purestrength3 - Marques Colston, NO WR
11. EarlyBird - Chad Ochocinco, Cin WR
12. Bills Are Back - Antonio Gates, SD TE
POSITION BREAKDOWN: 6WRs, 3 RBs, 2 TEs, 1 QB
My Pick: This pick came down to Shonn Greene, Joseph Addai, or Pierre Thomas. I was also looking at Anquan Boldin, but though I could wait on him especially since I had 2 WRs.
I’m not convinced that Thomas will automatically assume the carries that Mike Bell left as they have Lynell Hamilton who I’m expecting to take over for Bell. This left Greene and Addai. It was not easy, but this early in the season, I decided to play it safe with Addai. Don’t get me wrong, I think Greene will be great, but I want some more clarity this offseason before selecting him over a guy like Addai who has finished in the top 7 in this scoring format in 2 of the last 3 years.
Sexy second year players have burned me in the past a la Eddie Royal and Anthony Gonzalez. Just because a young guy looks promising, doesn’t mean it’s a given he will be. Addai’s biggest question mark is Donald Brown, and most are worried that last year was a fluke for Addai and Brown will take over for him.
Right now, I’m not worried about that. I was not that impressed with Brown’s play last year. Addai is not flashy, but he is the lead back and the trusted back in one of the best offenses in the game. Like last year, Brown’s playing time may be limited to wearing down defenses in the 4th quarter.
Should the Colts be in that position, it will likely include a fair to good contribution from Addai. Another plus to Addai is the receptions. He’s averaging 40 receptions a year and even with Brown in the mix, I don’t see that dropping off. I don’t need Addai to be a world beater, just consistent. If he can consistently put up 12-15 points a game, then mission accomplished.
-RB1 - Joseph Addai
-WR1 - Andre Johnson
-WR2 - Miles Austin