The Redskins trading for McNab shows that Shanahan is building a team for immediate success and that he will do what ever it takes to get his man.
I have written an article on my dream monster draft scenario for the Redskins:
I think we should expect Shanahan to seriously enter onto the trade scene and that no player is safe in his quest for getting the players or draft picks that he wants. Even writing off Haynesworths guaranteed money could in my mind be on the table.
What is evident now is that the need on the rooster now must be focused on getting a right and left tackle either through the draft or through trade.
Who is first on the chopping block ?
- Any player that holds enough value for Shanahan to get his man
- Jason Campbell is surplus and holds good value for the right team
- Andre Carter doesn't fit the new system, also with some good value
- Chris Cooley - holds value and Fred Taylor could take over immediately.
- Albert Haynesworth, if he doesn't want to fit in for the benefit of the team - Big Albert holds great trade value.