Here's how You can do it Al......
1. Announce that Tom Cable is your coach.
2. Bring in a good, credible, offensive coordinator to call the plays.
3. Re-sign Bruce Gradkowski, Charlie Frye, Richard Seymour, Sebastian Janikowski, etc.
4. Allow Tom Cable to announce Bruce Gradkowski as the starter for next year and that Charlie Frye and Jamarcus Russell will have to compete for the no. 2 slot.
5. Sign a big free agent defensive tackle to bolster the run defense.
6. Draft for need and in this order.....
6.a. Offensive tackle. There is nothing we need more than a strong dominating left tackle such as Russell Okung, Bruce Campbell or Anthony Davis. This would allow Mario Henderson to move to right tackle where he could be more consistent.
6.b. Offensive guard. We need big strong blockers to open up holes for what should be three very good running backs. Suggestions would be to try to trade up for Mike Iupati, or to stay put and select Jon Asamoah, Mike Johnson or Vladimir Ducasse.
6.c. Pick up Syd' Quan Thompson the solid corner back from Cal. to compete with Stanford Routt and bring depth to the secondary. If he's gone go for another offensive tackle such as Ciron Black or Adam Ulatoski.
6.d. For the remainder of the draft just pick the best available player with a mind toward defense. Line, corner back, middle linebacker.
As great as it would be to draft Rolando McClain, Brian Price, or another big defensive star, we need an offensive line more than anything. Of course picking Rolando McClain would be a very solid choice as would be Brian Price the great defensive tackle from UCLA. God knows our defense needs work but that's why I suggested Al get a big defensive tackle through free agency. We only get one first round pick.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!