January 4, 2010
I'm back again with my Miami Dolphins Alumni Update for December 2009. Here are all of this past month's pro football transactions involving ex-Dolphins players. Enjoy!
- 12/1 — The Atlanta Falcons signed placekicker Matt Bryant to their active roster. Bryant went 3-for-3 on field-goal attempts and seven-for-seven on extra-point attempts in three games with the Dolphins during the 2004 season.
- 12/1 — The Cleveland Browns released wide receiver James Robinson from their practice squad. Robinson spent part of the 2009 preseason with the Dolphins and was on the team's practice squad until his release on Nov. 4.
- 12/1 — The San Diego Chargers signed defensive end Derrick Jones to their practice squad. Jones spent part of October 2009 on the Dolphins' practice squad.
- 12/1 — The Carolina Panthers placed linebacker Kelvin Smith on injured reserve with a knee injury. The Dolphins' seventh-round pick in 2007, Smith played in four games for the Dolphins as a rookie and spent the entire 2008 season with the team on injured reserve with a knee injury.
- 12/2 — The New York Jets promoted tight end Matthew Mulligan to their active roster from the practice squad. Mulligan signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent out of Maine in 2008. He failed to make the active roster following the preseason and was on the team's practice squad until being released Nov. 5 of that year.
- 12/2 — The Philadelphia Eagles signed cornerback Chris Roberson to their practice squad. Roberson spent part of the 2008 preseason with the Dolphins.
- 12/7 — The Cleveland Browns signed defensive end Derreck Robinson to their active roster. Robinson played in seven games and recorded five tackles as a reserve defensive end for the Dolphins in 2007.
- 12/8 — The Atlanta Falcons signed tight end Jason Rader to their active roster. Rader spent the 2005 and 2006 seasons between the Dolphins' practice squad and active roster, appearing in five games and starting one in 2006.
- 12/8 — The Cincinnati Bengals released safety Brannon Condren from their practice squad. Condren spent nearly a month with the Dolphins between October and November 2008, appearing in four games and recording three special teams tackles before his release.
- 12/8 — The New Orleans Saints waived fullback Kyle Eckel. Eckel was under contract with the Dolphins from Sept. 2005 to Sept. 2007, but did not see game action as he was on the Reserve/Military list for the majority of that time.
- 12/8 — The Washington Redskins signed wide receiver James Robinson to their practice squad.
- 12/11 — The Arizona Cardinals signed linebacker Mark Washington to their practice squad. Washington played in three games and recorded one tackle for the Dolphins during the 2007 season.
- 12/14 — The Carolina Panthers waived linebacker Kelvin Smith from injured reserve.
- 12/14 — The Detroit Lions released linebacker Danny Lansanah from their practice squad. Lansanah spent most of September on the Dolphins' practice squad.
- 12/22 — The Buffalo Bills signed quarterback Gibran Hamdan to their active roster. Hamdan spent the 2007 offseason and preseason with the Dolphins before his released on Sept. 1.
- 12/23 — The Kansas City Chiefs signed wide receiver Chandler Williams to their practice squad. Williams spent the entire 2007 season on the Dolphins' practice squad and was re-signed in the 2008 offseason before being waived that April.
- 12/24 — The New York Jets signed safety Brannon Condren to their practice squad.
- 12/25 — The Oakland Raiders promoted fullback Marcel Reece from their practice squad to the active roster. A college wide receiver, Reece signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in April 2008, but was waived less than week later on May 5.
- 12/26 — The Chicago Bears placed defensive end Adewale Ogunleye on injured reserve. Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Dolphins in 2000, Ogunleye played three seasons and led the AFC with 15 sacks on his way to a Pro Bowl selection in 2003. He was traded to the Bears in August 2004 for wide receiver Marty Booker.
- 12/26 — The Cleveland Browns promoted linebacker Titus Brown from their practice squad to the active roster. Brown signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent out of Mississippi State in 2008, but failed to make the team.
- 12/30 — The Green Bay Packers promoted defensive tackle Anthony Toribio from their practice squad to the active roster. Toribio was signed by the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2008 and spent part of that regular season on the team's practice squad.
- 12/30 — The St. Louis Rams signed guard Mark Lewis to the practice squad. Lewis was signed by the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2009 and spent part of the season on the team's practice squad.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!