Top 10 Teams
1. Florida: Until they lose, last year's champs are still No. 1.
2. Texas: Longhorns want to prove they belonged last year.
3. Alabama: Ownership of the fourth quarter was impressive.
4. Oklahoma State: Was it Bill Young's defense or Georgia's shortcomings?
5. USC: And the beat goes on.
6. Mississippi: That's Mr. Snead to you.
7. Boise State: Who is going to beat them?
8. Ohio State: I don't think Jim Tressel has ever cared if his team covers a spread—he just wins.
9. California: I'm not sold on the Bears, but they sure looked good.
10. LSU: I knew that road trip was going to be tougher than people thought.
I'm Not Impressed
1. Duke: You lose to an FCS team after I predict you to go bowling?
2. Iowa: Not good.
3. Illinois: Pathetic.
4. West Virginia: Struggled big time.
5. Rutgers: No answers.
6. Ball State: Horrible.
7. Tulane: Why bother showing up?
8. Western Kentucky: Still stinking up the place.
9. Oregon: That game plan took six months?
10. NC State: Three points.
Up and Coming
1. Notre Dame: The defense was much better than I thought.
2. Michigan: I'm not surprised in the least.
3. Army: We loved the Rich Ellerson hiring at the time, and we still love it now.
4. Navy: Gutsy effort in the loss.
5. Cincinnati: So who were the 10 starters they lost on defense?
6. South Carolina: May be too underrated.
7. Baylor: That was a big win on the road for this program.
8. Nebraska: All business.
9. Missouri: Didn't hear many people calling for them to win.
10. Kentucky: Another textbook Rich Brooks beatdown.
10 New Things I Saw
1. A Penalty for hitting: On Georgia.
2. A Penalty for tackling: On Virginia Tech.
3. There is a thing called a "perfect brownie": I never met a brownie I didn't think was perfect.
4. Feathers on uniforms: It didn't help the Ducks.
5. Players shaking hands before the game: I don't like it.
6. The whole field goal Northern Iowa thing: Can someone please explain?
7. Ohio State running out with the opposing team: A true class move—congrats.
8. North Texas winning a game as an underdog: That was weird.
9. Charlie Weis looking smart: Maybe not new, but it's been a while.
10. The Kenny Chesney Thing: Not a country fan, but it's not bad.
10 Stars of Week One
1. Mark Ingram: Delivered the blow.
2. Jahvid Best: He's almost too good.
3. Kellen Moore: A surgeon out there.
4. Michael Floyd: Unstoppable.
5. Jordan Shipley: A month's worth of yards for some guys.
6. Matt Barkley: Were the four incompletions the freshman jitters?
7. Tony Pike: How good is he?
8. Roy Helu Jr.: Nebraska may be on to something.
9. Freddie Barnes: Two TDs in the upset win.
10. Dyrell Roberts: Got VT back into the game.
10 Teams the Preseason Rankings Were Already Wrong About
1. Oklahoma: An honest mistake.
2. Penn State: Too high.
3. Oklahoma State: Too low.
4. Iowa: Yeah, right.
5. BYU: Too low.
6. Boise State: Too low.
7. Oregon: Too high.
8. Utah: Too high.
9. Georgia: Too high.
10. Rutgers: Didn't deserve a vote.
10 Games I Was Dead Wrong About
1. VT-Alabama: Had VT and the points.
2. Georgia-Oklahoma State: Had Georgia and the points.
3. Notre Dame-Nevada: Nevada didn't get a whiff of a cover.
4. La. Tech-Auburn: I got beat by Chris Todd—how bad does it get?
5. Illinois-Mizzou: I think the world was on the Illini.
6. Wake Forest-Baylor: Didn't think Baylor could get it done; they did.
7. Penn State-Akron: Thought it would be "name your score" for the Nittany Lions.
8. Ball State-North Texas: I officially don't like Ball State.
9. Oregon-Boise State: Ducks didn't get revenge.
10. Rutgers-Cincinnati: Note to self: Rutgers has burnt you at home two years in a row, and neither was even close.
10 Songs on My iPod for Next Week's Half Marathon
1. Cheap Sunglasses (ZZ Top): Start every race with it.
2. We Will Rock You (Queen): Usually gets me going.
3. Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day): Usually around mile eight or so, when I am usually pretty alone.
4. Hair of the Dog (Nazareth): About mile five, you know how this one goes.
5. Give It Away (Red Hot Chili Peppers): I always wonder if other people can hear this.
6. Run Like Hell (Pink Floyd): I try to.
7. Sympathy for the Devil (Rolling Stones): A classic.
8. Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi): Good to get into a pace.
9. Crosstown Traffic (Jimi Hendrix): Got to love Jimi.
10. Dance the Night Away (Van Halen): Have finished with it on twice this year.
10 Post-It Notes for Coaches
1. Dan Hawkins: Call your Realtor.
2. Chip Kelly: Call your lawyer.
3. Chris Petersen: Call your agent.
4. Bob Stoops: Call your shrink.
5. Jim Tressel: Call the Army.
6. Bronco Mendenhall: Call your dry cleaner—your laundry is ready.
7. Dick Tomey: Call the retirement community.
8. Mark Richt: Call the schedule makers.
9. Urban Meyer: Call a real opponent.
10. Les Miles: Call your travel agent.
10 Best Games for Week Two
1. USC-Ohio State: Will act two be more competitive?
2. Notre Dame-Michigan: More interesting than we thought a week ago.
3. South Carolina-Georgia: Just a great rivalry.
4. Clemson-Georgia Tech: Should be a gem.
5. Iowa-Iowa State: Never disappoints.
6. Bowling Green-Missouri: Two Week One underdog winners.
7. Central Michigan-Michigan State: Stranger things have happened.
8. Houston-Oklahoma State: A track meet.
9. Pittsburgh-Buffalo: I'll be watching—this is my kind of game.
10. Fresno State-Wisconsin: Last year it came right down to the wire.