10 Top 10s After Week One of College Football 2009
Top 10 Teams
1. Florida: Until they lose, last year's champs are still No. 1.
2. Texas: Longhorns want to prove they belonged last year.
3. Alabama: Ownership of the fourth quarter was impressive.
4. Oklahoma State: Was it Bill Young's defense or Georgia's shortcomings?
5. USC: And the beat goes on.
6. Mississippi: That's Mr. Snead to you.
7. Boise State: Who is going to beat them?
8. Ohio State: I don't think Jim Tressel has ever cared if his team covers a spread—he just wins.
9. California: I'm not sold on the Bears, but they sure looked good.
10. LSU: I knew that road trip was going to be tougher than people thought.
I'm Not Impressed
1. Duke: You lose to an FCS team after I predict you to go bowling?
2. Iowa: Not good.
3. Illinois: Pathetic.
4. West Virginia: Struggled big time.
5. Rutgers: No answers.
6. Ball State: Horrible.
7. Tulane: Why bother showing up?
8. Western Kentucky: Still stinking up the place.
9. Oregon: That game plan took six months?
10. NC State: Three points.
Up and Coming
1. Notre Dame: The defense was much better than I thought.
2. Michigan: I'm not surprised in the least.
3. Army: We loved the Rich Ellerson hiring at the time, and we still love it now.
4. Navy: Gutsy effort in the loss.
5. Cincinnati: So who were the 10 starters they lost on defense?
6. South Carolina: May be too underrated.
7. Baylor: That was a big win on the road for this program.
8. Nebraska: All business.
9. Missouri: Didn't hear many people calling for them to win.
10. Kentucky: Another textbook Rich Brooks beatdown.
10 New Things I Saw
1. A Penalty for hitting: On Georgia.
2. A Penalty for tackling: On Virginia Tech.
3. There is a thing called a "perfect brownie": I never met a brownie I didn't think was perfect.
4. Feathers on uniforms: It didn't help the Ducks.
5. Players shaking hands before the game: I don't like it.
6. The whole field goal Northern Iowa thing: Can someone please explain?
7. Ohio State running out with the opposing team: A true class move—congrats.
8. North Texas winning a game as an underdog: That was weird.
9. Charlie Weis looking smart: Maybe not new, but it's been a while.
10. The Kenny Chesney Thing: Not a country fan, but it's not bad.
10 Stars of Week One
1. Mark Ingram: Delivered the blow.
2. Jahvid Best: He's almost too good.
3. Kellen Moore: A surgeon out there.
4. Michael Floyd: Unstoppable.
5. Jordan Shipley: A month's worth of yards for some guys.
6. Matt Barkley: Were the four incompletions the freshman jitters?
7. Tony Pike: How good is he?
8. Roy Helu Jr.: Nebraska may be on to something.
9. Freddie Barnes: Two TDs in the upset win.
10. Dyrell Roberts: Got VT back into the game.
10 Teams the Preseason Rankings Were Already Wrong About
1. Oklahoma: An honest mistake.
2. Penn State: Too high.
3. Oklahoma State: Too low.
4. Iowa: Yeah, right.
5. BYU: Too low.
6. Boise State: Too low.
7. Oregon: Too high.
8. Utah: Too high.
9. Georgia: Too high.
10. Rutgers: Didn't deserve a vote.
10 Games I Was Dead Wrong About
1. VT-Alabama: Had VT and the points.
2. Georgia-Oklahoma State: Had Georgia and the points.
3. Notre Dame-Nevada: Nevada didn't get a whiff of a cover.
4. La. Tech-Auburn: I got beat by Chris Todd—how bad does it get?
5. Illinois-Mizzou: I think the world was on the Illini.
6. Wake Forest-Baylor: Didn't think Baylor could get it done; they did.
7. Penn State-Akron: Thought it would be "name your score" for the Nittany Lions.
8. Ball State-North Texas: I officially don't like Ball State.
9. Oregon-Boise State: Ducks didn't get revenge.
10. Rutgers-Cincinnati: Note to self: Rutgers has burnt you at home two years in a row, and neither was even close.
10 Songs on My iPod for Next Week's Half Marathon
1. Cheap Sunglasses (ZZ Top): Start every race with it.
2. We Will Rock You (Queen): Usually gets me going.
3. Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day): Usually around mile eight or so, when I am usually pretty alone.
4. Hair of the Dog (Nazareth): About mile five, you know how this one goes.
5. Give It Away (Red Hot Chili Peppers): I always wonder if other people can hear this.
6. Run Like Hell (Pink Floyd): I try to.
7. Sympathy for the Devil (Rolling Stones): A classic.
8. Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi): Good to get into a pace.
9. Crosstown Traffic (Jimi Hendrix): Got to love Jimi.
10. Dance the Night Away (Van Halen): Have finished with it on twice this year.
10 Post-It Notes for Coaches
1. Dan Hawkins: Call your Realtor.
2. Chip Kelly: Call your lawyer.
3. Chris Petersen: Call your agent.
4. Bob Stoops: Call your shrink.
5. Jim Tressel: Call the Army.
6. Bronco Mendenhall: Call your dry cleaner—your laundry is ready.
7. Dick Tomey: Call the retirement community.
8. Mark Richt: Call the schedule makers.
9. Urban Meyer: Call a real opponent.
10. Les Miles: Call your travel agent.
10 Best Games for Week Two
1. USC-Ohio State: Will act two be more competitive?
2. Notre Dame-Michigan: More interesting than we thought a week ago.
3. South Carolina-Georgia: Just a great rivalry.
4. Clemson-Georgia Tech: Should be a gem.
5. Iowa-Iowa State: Never disappoints.
6. Bowling Green-Missouri: Two Week One underdog winners.
7. Central Michigan-Michigan State: Stranger things have happened.
8. Houston-Oklahoma State: A track meet.
9. Pittsburgh-Buffalo: I'll be watching—this is my kind of game.
10. Fresno State-Wisconsin: Last year it came right down to the wire.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?