Indy 500 Start Time: When and Where to Catch Sunday's Action
The 96th Indy 500 will start later today, and the competition will be fierce as the 33 top IndyCar racers in the world will attempt to win this prestigious race.
The race is being held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis—right in the heartland of America.
Here is the schedule of events—all times Eastern— according to IndianapolisMotorSpeedway.com:
- 7 a.m. - Snake Pit Opens
- 8:30 a.m. - Parade of Bands
- 9:25 a.m. - Cars Begin to Enter Pit Lane
- 9:30 a.m. - 500 Festival Princesses Lap
- 9:55 a.m. - All Cars to Pit Lane
- 10:15 a.m. - Cars Begin to Grid on Track
- 10:40 a.m. - All Cars in Place on Grid
- 10:50 a.m. - Engine Warmup
- 11 a.m. - Vintage Car Lap
- 11 a.m. - Indianapolis 500 Pre-Race Begins
- 11:10 a.m. - Military Tribute Lap
- 11:30 a.m. - Driver Introductions
- Noon - 96th Running of the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race
Ryan Briscoe is the pole-sitter, winning that honor by a record-setting margin over James Hinchcliffe, according to IndyStar.com. He has had success in the past on the IZOD IndyCar Series, but it's been nearly two full years since his last victory.
Will Power enters the race on a three-race winning streak, and the way he's been driving lately it's hard to see anyone overtaking him today. That's why they race, though, because anything can happen out on the track.
Helio Castroneves, a three-time winner of this event, will attempt to become only the fourth man in history to win the Indy 500 four times. He is a tremendous racer and is always a threat to win.
Ryan Hunter-Reay is the man who will challenge Power the most. He's come close to winning already this year, posting two podium finishes in 2012.
This race is going to be an all-out battle the entire way. I can't wait for the engines to start roaring.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?