Marloes Coenen, Valentijn Overeem and Jon Olav Einemo Cut by Zuffa

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
Marloes Coenen, Valentijn Overeem and Jon Olav Einemo Cut by Zuffa

More Team Golden Glory members got their walking papers this week from Zuffa just a week after Alistair Overeem received his.

Former women's 135 lb. champion, Marloes Coenen, Valentijn Overeem and Jon Olav Einemo have been released from Zuffa according to head trainer for Team Golden Glory, Martijn de Jong.

"I am very dissapointed to let you know that   and Valentijn Overeem have been cut from  ," de Jong said via his Twitter account.

Alistair was cut last week after backing out of the semifinal leg of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix on September 10th. Alistair is recovering from injuries and said he would be able to fight if the bout was moved to October or November.

Alistair is now one of two former Strikeforce champions from Golden Glory who have been cut.

Coenen just lost her 135 lb. women's title last Saturday when she was submitted by Miesha Tate via arm triangle choke in the fourth round.

Valentijn is coming off of a first round loss to Chad Griggs where he was pounded into submission on June 18th.

Einemo was set to face Shane Carwin in what was Einemo's first MMA fight since November of 2006. Einemo instead faced another UFC newcomer, Dave Herman after Carwin was moved to the main event of UFC 131 to replace Brock Lesnar. Einemo lost that bout via TKO in the second round. The fight between Herman and Einemo earned "Fight of the Night" honors.

Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

UFC

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.