- The fans [Philly] are in awe of the Mets franchise, and figure a little Met magic will help them finally win something.
- These fans aren't the tastiest cakes on the shelf, and therefore thinking up something of their own is virtually impossible.
- Many of these same people booed Mike Schmidt, threw snowballs at Santa Claus and cheered when it appeared another human being (Irvin) had been seriously injured in a football game.
- They erected a statue of a fictional boxer because he was able to run up some stairs without tripping. A Steak-umm and Cheez Whiz sandwich is their greatest contribution to the culinary arts. Their most famous landmark has a huge crack in it.
I guess jealously is the greatest form of flattery, right? What a bonehead.
- Met magic? The Phillies aren't looking to choke away the World Series. Met Magic, is that rewarding a GM with a 4 year extension after assembling a group of players that fold under September pressure year after year, players that quit on a manager, players that are ridiculed around the league for their immaturity?
- Needing to think of our own slogan? I guess he missed the "Why Can't Us" movement. Not only is it a kick-ass, clever slogan, it is a charitable cause.
- Booing? Typical national media bringing up the Santa Clause and Michael Irvin incidents. Way to be original Mr. Price. Maybe you are the one who needs to be a bit more clever. I guess, like your Mets, toward the end you just gave up. Went with the same old BS. How about you actually interview Schmidt and then you'll hear his love for the Phillies fan base. I am surprised you left out the draft day booing of McNabb!
- Attacking Philadelphia? Before you attack our city, how about you take a good long hard look at NYC. The city that is filled with corrupt financial institutions and leaders that have sent our national economy into a recession. How about you actually get a football team that actually plays in your city.
But like all NY fans, eventually they all come to realize just how pathetic they are and also the teams they support. "This guy Shane Victorino has more guts than the entire Met and Yankee lineups combined...most importantly, their team will be playing baseball -not golf- next week.
One last question for Mr. Price...what are you and the Mets doing this Wednesday night?
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!