Blake Griffin: Top 10 Nicknames for the Newest NBA Superstar
Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
For years, the Los Angeles Clippers sat back and watched their big brothers from across the way win ring, after ring, after ring. While superstars littered Laker rosters year after year, the lowly Clippers could only sit and stew about the opportunities they passed on.
In their less-than-storied history, the Clippers passed on such NBA greats as John Stockton, Scottie Pippen and Chris Mullin, as well as current superstars Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Pau Gasol.
In 2009 though, the Clippers might have finally gotten it right. Blake Griffin, the Clippers' bona fide superstar, has taken the NBA by storm, and might just be taking a bit of the Lakers' basketball monopoly with him. Griffin is a specimen, for lack of a better term—a mix of Karl Malone's strength, Dominique Wilkins' flair for the fantastic, Charles Barkley's stubborn determination and Dwight Howard's sheer dominance.
The NBA has always been the home of superstars, and Blake Griffin is already claiming the top bunk in the house. Now like all the greats, he just needs a cool nickname. Here are the top 10 possible nicknames for Blake Griffin:
10. The Beast: 'Nuff said.
9. The Hoover Daaamn: That's the sound you make when you see the kid dunk.
8. The Next Level: Where everyone else in the NBA wants to be.
Who will win more NBA titles?
7. The Hammer/Thor: Droppin' it on suckas all night.
6. EMF: Like their song, this kid is "Unbelievable!"
5. Campbell's Soup: 'Cause he's Mmm, Mmm good.
4. The Rhythm: Eventually, it's gonna get you.
3. IRS: No matter where you hide, he's still gonna find you.
2. Donut Man/Donut Shop/The Dozens: The kid is always dunkin'.
1. F.O.N. (Force of Nature): Everyone knows it's coming, but there's nothing you can do to stop it.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?