This morning, we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 14. Here are some notes on running backs and run defenses heading into this week's games:
- For a second straight week, Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles had 20-plus carries and 100-plus yards.
- Rams running back Steven Jackson reached the 100-yard mark for the first time in five games. Continuing to be the team's workhorse running back, Jackson has 20-plus carries in nine of the team's 12 games this season.
- On the season, Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno has two 100-yard games. Both of those happened against the Kansas City Chiefs. Although he's not playing the Chiefs this week (or any more this season), the Broncos face the Cardinals, who have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing running backs this season.
- Houston's Arian Foster leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage (1,709). Trailing the single-season record set by Tennessee's Chris Johnson (2,509), Foster needs 200 yards from scrimmage per game to tie the record.
- Seattle's Marshawn Lynch, who had 140 rushing yards in his previous five games, rushed for 83 yards and three touchdowns against the Panthers on Sunday.
- Packers running back James Starks got his first NFL carry on Sunday. And then the Packers gave him 17 more—at the expense of Brandon Jackson, who had only four carries. This week, the Packers face the Lions, who have allowed the fifth-most fantasy points to opposing running backs.
- Cowboys running back Tashard Choice, who appeared on this week's free-agent pickup list, had 19 carries for 100 yards and a touchdown against the Colts on Sunday. But Felix Jones also had 22 rushing attempts for 83 yards.
- Raiders running backs Darren McFadden and Michael Bush both rushed for 19-plus carries and 95-plus yards and each running back scored a touchdown against the Chargers.
- Giants running backs Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw took turns, sort-of, running over the Albert Haynesworth-less Redskins. The duo combined for 200 rushing yards and four touchdowns although Bradshaw got 25 of the duo's 33 rushing attempts.
- Saints running back Chris Ivory rushed for 117 yards and two touchdowns against the Bengals on Sunday. Ivory now has five touchdowns over his past three games.
- 49ers running backs Brian Westbrook and Anthony Dixon both finished with nine rushing attempts against the Packers.
- New England's BenJarvus Green-Ellis has scored five touchdowns in his past three games and 11 touchdowns in 12 games this season. The Bears haven't allowed a running back to rush for a touchdown in four consecutive games.
Here are my top 10 fantasy running backs for Week 14:
1. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars (vs. OAK)
2. Peyton Hillis, Browns (at BUF)
3. Michael Turner, Falcons (at CAR)
4. Adrian Peterson, Vikings (vs. NYG)
5. Chris Johnson, Titans (vs. IND)
6. Arian Foster, Texans (vs. BAL)
7. Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers (vs. CIN)
8. Knowshon Moreno, Broncos (at ARI)
9. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs (at SD)
10. LeSean McCoy, Eagles (at DAL)
See our full top 40 running back rankings for Week 14.