This morning, we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 14.
Here are some notes on tight ends and pass defenses heading into this week's games:
- San Francisco's Vernon Davis had his best game of the season in Week 13, with four receptions for 126 yards and a touchdown.
- Baltimore's Todd Heap left last week's game with a hamstring injury. Although he hasn't been officially ruled out for Week 14 yet, it's unlikely that he will play against the Texans, who have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing tight ends this season.
- In his past four games, Jets tight end Dustin Keller has 12 receptions for 108 yards and no touchdowns. His best game during that span was four catches for 49 yards.
- Bears tight end Greg Olsen has had only one reception in each of his past two games for nine and five yards, respectively. That said, Olsen has caught a touchdown pass in three of his past five games.
- Detroit's Brandon Pettigrew has four-plus receptions in nine of his 12 games. He's tied for second with Washington's Chris Cooley amongst all tight ends with 60 receptions.
- Jason Witten leads tight ends in receptions (65) and is second in receiving yards (702). This week (and in Week 17), Witten faces the Eagles, who have allowed the fifth-most fantasy points to opposing tight ends this season.
- Saints rookie tight end Jimmy Graham has 14 receptions for 216 yards and a touchdown in his past four games. Even with Jeremy Shockey returning in Week 13, Graham finished with three receptions for 72 yards.
- Cleveland's Ben Watson, who was on this week's list of free-agent pickups, had 10 receptions for 100 yards and a touchdown last week. This week, he faces Buffalo, who has allowed the second-most fantasy points to opposing tight ends.
- In his past five games, Oakland's Zach Miller has five receptions for 28 yards and no touchdowns. During that span, Miller has failed to reach ten receiving yards in any game. That means if you're in a standard-scoring league that does not award fractional points, Miller last scored a fantasy point on Oct. 24.
Here are my top 10 fantasy tight ends for Week 14:
1. Vernon Davis, 49ers (vs. SEA)
2. Jason Witten, Cowboys (vs. PHI)
3. Antonio Gates, Chargers (vs. KC)
4. Jacob Tamme, Colts (at TEN)
5. Tony Gonzalez, Falcons (at CAR)
6. Benjamin Watson, Browns (at BUF)
7. Brandon Pettigrew, Lions (vs. GB)
8. Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars (vs. OAK)
9. Chris Cooley, Redskins (vs. TB)
10. Kellen Winslow, Bucs (at WAS)
See our full top 20 tight end rankings for Week 14.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!