Fantasy Football: Week 11 Wide Receiver Rankings
Yesterday we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 11. Here are some notes on wide receivers and pass defenses heading into this week's games:
- For the first time in his career, Cowboys rookie receiver Dez Bryant reached the 100-yard milestone in receiving yards. In his past five games, Bryant has been a beast, catching five touchdowns. In his past three games, he has had 80-plus yards each week.
- No team has allowed more fantasy points to opposing wide receivers than the Jacksonville Jaguars. The question is can any of the Browns receivers take advantage of the matchup?
- Denver's Brandon Lloyd leads the NFL with 968 receiving yards on only 48 receptions for an average of 20.2 yards per reception. Only four receivers have a higher per-reception average: Washington's Anthony Armstrong (22.6), Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson (21.5), Pittsburgh's Mike Wallace (21.4) and San Diego's Malcolm Floyd (21.4).
- Floyd hasn't played since Week 6 against St. Louis, but he has returned to practice and is expected to play this week.
- Speaking of Lloyd and Floyd, they are the two featured receivers in our free fantasy football contest for Week 11.
- Miami's Brandon Marshall has had five (or less) receptions, 64 (or less) receiving yards and no touchdowns in each of his past four games. During that span, Marshall (18 receptions for 185 yards) trails both Brian Hartline (19 receptions for 293 yards) and Davone Bess (22 receptions for 198 yards).
- Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe has caught a touchdown in five consecutive games. Three times during that span Bowe has had two touchdowns in a game. He will look to extend his streak to six (and take sole possession of the franchise record) against the Cardinals, who have allowed opposing wide receivers to haul in 45 passes for 582 yards but only one touchdown in the past two weeks.
- With Ben Roethlisberger back from suspension, Steelers receiver Mike Wallace has caught a touchdown in four of five games in addition to posting back-to-back 100-yard performances.
- Meanwhile, Steelers receiver Hines Ward, who saw his streak of 186 games with a reception end, expects to play this weekend versus the Oakland Raiders.
- 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree has had more than five receptions or 100 yards only once (Week 5 vs. Philadelphia). Since that game, however, Crabtree has scored in four of five games.
- Jets receiver Santonio Holmes has 10 receptions for 190 yards and a touchdown in his last two games. This week, he faces the Houston Texans, who have allowed the most passing yards (301.3 per game) and touchdowns (22) this season.
Here are the top 10 fantasy wide receivers for Week 11:
1. Calvin Johnson, Lions (at DAL)
2. Roddy White, Falcons (at STL)
3. Reggie Wayne, Colts (at NE)
4. Greg Jennings, Packers (at MIN)
5. DeSean Jackson, Eagles (vs. NYG)
6. Hakeem Nicks, Giants (at PHI)
7. Brandon Lloyd, Broncos (at SD)
8. Terrell Owens, Bengals (vs. BUF)
9. Dez Bryant, Cowboys (vs. DET)
10. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs (vs. ARI)
See our full top 50 wide receiver rankings for Week 11.
Good luck in your Week 11 matchup(s) and in our Week 11 contest.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?