It's deja-vu for Junior Nation again, with their hero, their champion, once again falling short and missing the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Junior will look brilliant one week, then the next he's non-existent, and at some point you realize maybe he's just doing the best he can.
If it wasn't for his last name, he'd be another Casey Mears, J.J. Yeley, Reed Sorenson, etc; always looking for a job and even if it meant taking a start and park ride.
Just sad that in three years, with the mighty Hendrick Motorsports all Junior can do is win one measly gas mileage race at Michigan.
Here's the top-10 excuses, why Junior missed the Chase for the Sprint Cup for a second year:
10) Goodyear Racing tires gave Junior the wrong tire number group for each race.
9) Chad Knaus, Steve Letarte, and Alan Gustafson really never gave Lance McGrew or Junior an actual set-up information wise that actually worked on his car.
8) Mr. H has him running R/D development for his teammates.
7) It's the curse of HMS, someone always runs as a back feeder, it's just Junior's turn for the duty.
6) Junior whines so much on the radio, that it seems like Danica Patrick actually is driving the No. 88 Amp Car.
5) McGrew can't understand Junior on the radio, so they pit too early or too late.
4) Junior struggles with seeing his pit sign, hence he loses time pitting looking for his pit stall.
3) McGrew always goes the wrong way or not enough turns on adjustments on every pit stop, and doesn't listen to what Junior wants.
2) Hm, maybe Budweiser was a better influence on Junior's driving than what AMP energy is.
1) Making $33 Million a year, just isn't enough of an incentive for him to race hard.