Can you feel that Raider Nation? It's the feeling of optimism, hope, reluctance, and patience finally all coming together and about to be truly felt throughout the fanbase.
With only a few days left to wait, our Oakland Raiders about to be put to their first true test, both in the eyes of us fans, the media, and other NFL teams, by facing off against those heavy-running Tennessee Titans.
In hopes of changing the pace between doing a preview article, or even the millionth AFC West preview, I'm going to take the time real quick to just throw out my review on the second half of the Raiders offseason.
So, in no particular order Let's start with those random thoughts. Enjoy.
- Not to beat something so dead, but damn, isn't it so nice to know that JaMarcus Russell won't be suiting up anymore in the NFL? Even Matt Leinart found a team, yikes! Best of luck to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, really.
- Mario Henderson is going to get Jason Campbell killed! :[
- Darren McFadden is going to continue his best Reggie Bush impression this season, by continuing to be effective doing everything except running well between the tackles. Sigh.
- Wait, whatever happened to Thomas Howard?!?
- So, the team didn't sign Terrell Owens, or T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Didn't trade for Anquan Boldin either. Looks like Vincent Jackson isn't going to get a call soon from Al Davis, eh? That's fine. Don't complain Mr. Davis when our best receiver is Zack Miller, for like, the third year in a row!
- I'd change my number too Darrius (Heyward-Bey) if I caught only one touchdown my rookie season.
- Three cheers for Chris Johnson not starting opposite Nnamdi Asomugha, yay!
- Mmkay, the only way the Oakland Raiders are getting to the playoffs is if they beat the Chargers, even once.
- Hue Jackson and Bruce Gradkowski share the same hairdresser. Can't you tell?
- OMG, like, did they really have to cut Colt Brennan? I heard he was a stud in college.
- How come Greg Papa isn't as loud as before? Where's the passion Greg? Where's the passion?
- Jon Gruden praises us obviously because he's the first person getting called if Tom Cable doesn't do it this year. Oh yeah!
- Jay Mariotti got what was coming to him, Poetic Justice in its best form.
-Over or Under: Adam Scheftler reports five rumors about the Silver and Black in the next five months
So that will about do it for now. Just really wrote this to get some rust off being away from the website for the past few months. In really great news, I am going to my first Raiders Fan Bar this weekend. Wish me the best of luck!