This man dominated his division, he beat the best in the world and not only beat them finished them. His list of victories goes over every other fighters in the history of MMA.
Recently, he has not been the most exciting fight (Demien Maia and Thiago Leites). He has now overcame adversity in a fight against Chael Sonnen. Anderson Silva has took out every contender in the division, and then went up to Light Heavyweight and took out some of theirs.
Silva's top wins are Rich Franklin (twice by knockout), Dan Henderson (sub. 2nd), Chael Sonnen (sub. 5th), Forrest Griffin (embarrassing knockout in 1st at light heavyweight), Nate Marquardt (TKO 1st), and Chris Leben (KO 1st).
Silva has recently submitted Chael Sonnen in the fifth round, in a fight where he was being dominated. Even more recent than that the UFC has decided to match the two up in yet another match for the title.
This fight proves to be very interesting, by seeing if we can see more control by Chael, or a more improved Anderson SIlva.
* October 14, 2006 - Won Middleweight Championship
* October 20, 2007 - Won Knockout of the Night (Rich Franklin)
* March 1, 2008 - Won Fight of the Night and Submission of the Night (Dan Henderson)
* July 19, 2008 - Won first UFC Light Heavyweight bout over James Irvin by KO 1st
* April 18, 2009 - Broke UFC record with most consecutive wins at 9
* August 8, 2009 - Won Fight of the Night and Knockout of the Night (Forrest Griffin)
* April 10, 2010 - Broke UFC record for the most consecutive title defenses at 6.
* August 7, 2010 - Won Fight of the Night and Submission of the Night (Chael Sonnen)
* August 7, 2010 - Extended record of most consecutive title defenses to 7 and most consecutive UFC victories to12.
* August 7, 2010 - Set the record for longest five round fight not to go the distance.