We all know how big respect Harry Redknapp has for Croatian football players.
Tottenham already has three great Croatian players:
- This great small football wizard came to Tottenham in summer 2008 from the best Croatian club, Dinamo Zagreb.
- He plays as an attacking central or left wing midfielder, where he demonstrates his acceleration, range of passing, vision and fantastic technique.
- Tottenham paid £16.5 million for him.
- Great defender that can play as defender center and defender right back.
- First Manchester City brought from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008 (around £8 million) but next year he moved to "Crottenham" for about £ 8.5 million.
- Equipped with a strong physical presence and excellent understanding of the game. He is of course like Modrić, part of the first XI.
- His main traits are his vision, close control, range of passing, set piece prowess and his superb technique.
- Kranjčar is the youngest captain in Dinamo Zagreb history at the age of 17. In winter 2005 he controversially moved to the biggest rival, Hajduk Split. Everybody started to compare him with famous footballer, Zinedine Zidane.
- Summer 2006 he moved to Portsmouth for £ 3.5 million where he spent three years. After that Niko moves to "Crottenham". Of course it was because Harry Redknapp liked his style.
Lately, we heard a lot of rumors about Croatian goalkeeper, Stipe Pletikosa who is on Tottenham radar.
Everybody are talking about how Redknapp wants to add this great goalkeeper but the main problem could be his knee. Some rumors said that he failed medical tests in Tottenham and some rumors said that he already had first practice with the team.
One thing is for sure, Harry Redknapp is on his way to create mini Croatia - "Crottenham."
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!