The much maligned Big Ten will get a healthy dose of parity this season. In my opinion, the Buckeyes are the cream of the crop. Wisconsin, Penn State, and Illinois will once again challenge for the Big Ten title and the surprise team just may be Michigan State. Check out my predictions for each team by clicking on the links below.
According to my predictions, the Big Ten final standings will look like this:
- Ohio State Buckeyes 12-0 (8-0)
- Wisconsin Badgers 10-2 (7-1)
- Penn State Nittany Lions 10-2 (6-2)
- Michigan State Spartans 9-3 (5-3)
- Illinois Fighting Illini 8-4 (5-3)
- Purdue Boilermakers 7-5 (4-4)
- Indiana Hoosiers 7-5 (3-5)
- Northwestern Wildcats 7-5 (3-5)
- Michigan Wolverines 6-6 (2-6)
- Iowa Hawkeyes 3-9 (1-7)
- Minnesota Golden Gophers 3-9 (0-8)
I also predict that eight of 11 Big Ten Teams will receive bowl game invites.
- Ohio State Buckeyes BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
- Wisconsin Badgers ROSE BOWL
- Penn State Nittany Lions CAPITAL ONE BOWL
- Michigan State Spartans OUTBACK BOWL
- Illinois Fighting Illini ALAMO BOWL
- Purdue Boilermakers CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL
- Indiana Hoosiers INSIGHT BOWL
- Northwestern Wildcats MOTOR CITY BOWL
The Big Ten may have been down the last few seasons, but with the addition of some new coaches and an influx of talent into the conference, I believe the future is bright.