There are some teams in the draft that stands out as complete mysteries, no one bigger than the Bills.
The Bills are a team with suffering QBs because of the lack of protection. Then you go out and draft this amazing RB, and you don't think of having an O-line to protect him. This is potentially the future star of this team, who without proper protection could end up carrying to much weight with way to little protection.
It made me wonder what the Bills could have had if they had put priority on the O-line. So I went along and picked players that were drafted below their original picks. Now I know I have the wisdom of hindsight, but still - you ned to protect your investments aka C. J. Spiller.
1st round (C. J. Spiller i agree)
- Now I can understand that the Bills went for C.J. spiller in the 1 rd. And that they wanted to stick with the QB's they have - because they have so many other needs.
- But what were they thinking not addressing the O-line needs. In my mind the DT class was a lot deeper that OT. Maybe they would have to reach for a OT with the 2nd round pick. But if anything Troup seems like a reach. They could have had Versatile Charles Brown.
- Why not John Jerry OT over Alex Carrington DE ? Now they would have had some solid picks
4th round (Aaron Hernandez TE over Easley WR)
- I know they need WR, and Easley might be great, but with the need at TE - Aaron Hernandez is right there, who in skills resembles Jason Witten.
5th round (Cam Thomas NT over Ed Wang OT)
- This is where you get that NT in Cam Thomas, great value. Ed Wang ??
6th round (Dezmind Briscoe WR and Myron Rolle S over DE's)
- If the Bills needed a WR to stretch the field, why no take a chance with Dezmond Briscoe, high risk / high reward. The look for the smart guy to play FS/SS in Myron Rolle. Why all these developmental DE's. This is where you take a chance with playmakers.
7th round (Willie Young DE and Selvish Capers DE over Levi Brown and Kyle Calloway)
- Now if the Bills really want that pass rusher Willie Young is right there, why another QB to develop, I know they think he will be great but still ?? And with the last pick Im spilt between George Selvie DE and Selvish Capers OT.