1. 6 SEC teams have bye weeks before they play the Crimson Tide which include LSU, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Tennessee. Its extremely difficult to go undefeated in the SEC when 6 of your opponents have bye weeks before they play you. Especially considering the fact that three of those could be tough road games at LSU, South Carolina, and at Tennessee ( who came the closest to beating the Tide than anyone in the SEC did last year).
2. No one beats Urban Meyer twice in one season. Urban Meyer is one of the premier coaches in the nation and his Gators visit Alabama on October 2nd and most likely will play Bama in the SEC championship game. There is no way that Florida will let Bama beat them twice in one season.
3. Alabama lost some key players from that great 2009 defense in Ronaldo McLain ( the smartest LB in the nation) who was the defensive mvp for the Tide in 2009, Cody a run stopping machine, and an extremely versatile player in Javier Arenas who had 6 interceptions and 493 return yards to boot. The tide is thin in the secondary having lost Dequan Menzie thinning the depth in the secondary. The secondary is the weakest part of this team.
4. The Numbers are against the Tide. Since 1950 only four schools have ever won national championships in back to back season, Oklahoma, Alabama, Nebraska, and Southern California. Its tough to repeat in college football. Historically since the 1870s only 9 schools have repeated.
5. Way too many trap games on the schedule. With the bye weeks the LSU, Auburn and South Carolina games appear to be dicey games especially considering how relatively close all three games were in 2009. The Penn State game could be dicey as well.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!