Can the Knicks sign Bron and Melo?
“While the 2011 market may not have as many stars, it isn’t lacking in big names, either. Carmelo Anthony, Pau Gasol , Caron Butler, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker , David West and Tayshaun Prince could all be changing zip codes two summers from now.”-ESPN
The Knicks put themselves in position to sign two max players and re-sign David Lee in the off-season. However, if they sign one player like a Lebron , Bosh , Wade , Amare or Joe Johnson they could sign another player in 2011. In a perfect world all Knicks fans would like to see James and Anthony on the Knicks. Donnie Walsh should not feel pressured to sign two players to max deals this summer if he feels they would not be a good fit. Walsh also needs to spend money wisely on roster slots because they traded their 2012 first-round pick in the Tracy McGrady deal.
How can this work:
1) Eddy Curry has an expiring contract next season ($11.2 million)
2) Knicks do not have a first round pick in 2012 (no salary against the cap)
3) Melo has an ETO in his contract (early termination option)
4) The Knicks have an estimated $31.5 million available in cap space (first time in 14 years they have been under the cap)
5) Sergio Rodriguez can be retained by exercising a $2.3 million qualifying offer (good deal for a potential starting point guard)
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?