And here's what he said:
Hi Eagles. My name is Lorenzo Booker, and I am the big offseason free-agent signing for the Eagles' offense. I am it. There will be no big-name wide receiver coming to the Eagles. Only me, some Lawton guy, and Kris Wilson.
My resume is as follows.
- Give Brian Westbrook some much-needed rest. Westbrook played in 15 games during the 2007 season. During those games, Westbrook had 84 percent of the carries by Eagles running backs.
- Provide a boost to the Eagles' anemic kick-return game.
- Some of my stats are good. Some are bad. In 2007, I achieved a 4.5 yards-per-carry average, but gained only 125 yards rushing. I also added 237 yards receiving, but had no rushing or receiving touchdowns.
- I played my college ball at Florida State. My numbers were so good that the Eagles intended to select me in the 2007 draft. They didn't get the chance, and had to settle for Tony Hunt.
- The plan is to use me in a lot of two-man backfields with Westbrook. We might even bring back some memories of the Charlie Garner-Ricky Watters backfield.
- On third down, I will be spread out as a receiver, hoping to exploit a mismatch against a linebacker.
- I will be your No. 2 running back. Maybe the Bears would be interested in Correll Buckhalter?