New York Islander Fan Central has the following blog updates for 6/8:
* Another rookie game added to the training camp schedule at Moncton and a look at how much later camp will begin this season unless the Isles plan on staying out of the area until the season is about to begin.
* A few words on the Blake Wheeler sweepstakes and what role Kyle Okposo could play in it.
* A quick look at the latest sad display by Larry Brooks of the Post and the damage he has done to hockey coverage in the New York market for all the teams vs major hockey-centric markets.
* Why the Times has three professional writers blogging on hockey but how come there is no full time Islander beatwriter or blog and why their two-year SI hockey format has been a failure in New York with European leagues getting more space than all three local clubs.
* A look back at Newsday reporter Mark Herrmann wondering how come his playoff features on the Rangers read like a future resume to Cablevision and not the same standards he presented Islander coverage when they had adversity.
* A quick roadmap to Isles RFA comparing Campoli's contract extension a year ago 7/16 with the current RFA that need to be signed.
* Some words on the NHL buyout period and if that could mean anything for Andy Hilbert or Shawn Bates?
* A reminder how critical it is that the New York Islanders play in any outdoor game in this market or the city not permit any construction projects on the current Yankee Stadium and to again use our link (or a link of your own) to contact Mayor Michael Bloomberg directly as meetings were expected to take place last week with the mayor's office.
* A blog with a season ending review of forward Tim Jackman who was recently resigned.