Oakland RaidersDownload App

Oakland Raiders Fans Left Speechless After Loss

OAKLAND, CA - SEPTEMBER 27: Fans of the Oakland Raiders look on against the Denver Broncos on September 27, 2009 during an NFL game at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California.  (Photo by Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images)
Mike WoodsCorrespondent ISeptember 29, 2009

So who's fault is it this time? The Coaches? Ownership? Jamarcus Russell? It doesn't matter because what's done is done.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but the fact of the matter is this: The Raiders lost in terrible fashion to a team that outplayed them on both sides of the football, point blank, period.

What more can be said about this outing that hasn't already been said? The people have spoken and they have spoken loudly enough, but is anyone listening?

Denvers running backs Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter made the much talked about Raiders defense look like swiss cheese. Meanwhile, Darren "Jell-O Hands" Mcfadden fumbled three times and picked up only 45 yards on 12 carries.

Kyle Orton, with 157 yards and one touchdown thrown unmolested, looked like he should have been the number one pick instead of Russell, who once again proved his worth with 61 yards and two interceptions.

Don't worry though, Raiders fans, according to Cable, Russell will suit up next week for another go.

The only thing Cable can hope for is that the drubbing serves as some form of motivation not only for his team, but for himself to improve as a coach.

As a coach you naturally like to take the blame for a loss; most times it's to switch the negative media attention away from the players, to cut them some slack. However this time it's solely on the Cable guy's shoulders.

Openly admitting that his team was not prepared properly for the game was an understatement; they forgot to hit the alarm clock on Sunday.

Still, amidst all of the struggles this team has had, I am willing to applaud effort, heart, and guts. Those things are present but not consistently from game to game.

There seems to be no sense of urgency, there appears to be no improvement from one game to the next, and, sadly, there is no accountability.

This is inexcusable.

You either get it, or you don't. There is only so much game film you can watch, so many two-a-days you can put in.

Coach Cable talked in a press conference Monday about how 90 percent of the guys "get it" and the other 10 percent do not. He talked about how it's a struggle for the coaches to get these guys up to speed.

I say demote them and let them learn from the sidelines. This goes for Russell who Coach inadvertently referenced to as part of the 10 percent.

That said, I believe there needs to be a shake-up with the roster. If not, and the losses keep coming, you might start to see a shake-up in attendance. Maybe that will get management's attention.

 

Where can I comment?

Stay on your game

Latest news, insights, and forecasts on your teams across leagues.

Choose Teams
Get it on the App StoreGet it on Google Play

Real-time news for your teams right on your mobile device.

Download
Copyright © 2017 Bleacher Report, Inc. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BleacherReport.com is part of Bleacher Report – Turner Sports Network, part of the Turner Sports and Entertainment Network. Certain photos copyright © 2017 Getty Images. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of Getty Images is strictly prohibited. AdChoices