UFC 44 is now in the books.
Cub Swanson got himself a big win in the night's main event, decisioning the power-punching Jeremy Stephens in a 5-round affair. Whether the performance proves enough to earn him a crack at the featherweight title is something we are likely to learn in the next couple of weeks.
In the co-main event of the evening Kelvin Gastelum continued to demonstrate his considerable improvements, outpointing Nicholas Musoke to remain undefeated. It would seem a top-10 opponent is in his near future.
Check out the quick results below for a synopsis of all the night's action:
Fight Night 44 Main Card on Fox Sports 1
- Cub Swanson def. Jeremy Stephens, unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47)
- Kelvin Gastelum def. Nicholas Musoke, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Cezar Ferreira def. Andrew Craig, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Ricardo Lamas def. Hacran Dias, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Clint Hester def. Antonio Braga Neto, split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Joe Ellenberger def. James Moontasri, split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Fox Sports 1 Prelims
- Carlos Diego Ferreira def. Colton Smith, submission (Round 1, 0:38)
- Cody Gibson def. Johnny Bedford, TKO (Round 1, 0:38)
- Marcelo Guimaraes def. Andy Enz, split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ray Borg def. Shane Howell, submission (Round 1, 2:17)
Fight Pass Prelims
- Oleksiy Oliynyk def. Anthony Hamilton, submission (Round 1, 2:18)
For a more thorough account of the UFC Fight Night 44 card, scroll down for Bleacher Report's play-by-play coverage.