The transfer window in Italy may have closed, but there is still plenty of news on player movement at Inter. The Nerazzurri had a tumultuous January—both on and off the field—with the team losing games while deals collapsed due to mismanagement.
Hernanes' arrival at the club will give them a huge boost, one which may have ramifications elsewhere as the player's international profile could help lure other targets to the black and blue half of Milan.
UPDATED WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 5
It seems the fallout of the Fredy Guarin saga will cost Inter Sporting Director Marco Branca his job, as he and the club have arranged a contract termination which should be announced in the coming days.
To replace him, Rome-based newspaper Leggo (h/t FootballItalia) have suggested that Lazio's Igli Tare could be the man to replace him. The 40 year-old Albanian currently holds the same role with the Capital club.
Out of contract this summer, Nemanja Vidic is one of Europe's most sought after players at the moment, and reports in a number of Italian outlets insist Inter have jumped to the front of the queue.
TuttoSport (h/t FootballItalia) report that Nerazzurri President Erick Thohir has sent representatives to Manchester to offer the defender a three year contract that will see him earn the same wages he is paid by the Old Trafford outfit.
Vidic’s agent admitted last month that the 32-year-old was unlikely to renew with United, increasing the likelihood of him leaving.
Inter unveiled Ruben Botta to the press on Tuesday, despite the fact the midfielder will be playing for Livorno for the rest of the season.
The 24-year-old has been the subject of a complicated transfer but is now set to enjoy a prolonged spell in Serie A. Speaking in an interview with the club's official website, he said;
"This club is a dream for Argentine players and not only Argentines. Of course the fact that there were lots of my fellow countrymen here did influence my choice because they are great men and great footballers. I'm trying to learn everything I can from them."
The transfer window in Italy closed on Friday, but Turkish clubs have until 4:30 p.m. GMT (11:30 a.m. EST) to sign players. Despite reports this move had been called off, the paper believes it is still on.
The sports daily says Galatasaray are pushing for its completion ahead of that deadline, and the player's desire to secure a World Cup place may see it completed.
Lazio President Claudio Lotito told reporters on Monday that Hernanes demanded to move, leaving the Roman club little option but to sell him to Inter.
As his club's supporters criticised the decision heavily, Lotito spoke out on Monday, seeking to appease the fans and explain the situation.
“The player wanted to leave. What could I do?" he said, via Football Italia. "We could not keep a player who was unhappy here until June.”