We tend to forget about that number five wide out on many teams. But it is that number five guy who can jump start a drive because he made an outstanding catch. Ruvell Martin has always intrigued my interests. He is one of those guys who can jump in and make an impact if someone like Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, and James Jones gets hurt or when the Packers lineup in their 4 or 5 wide sets. The following are some questions I would ask Ruvell Martin if the opportunity came up.
1. What is one of your favorite plays to practice and why?
2. When you are practicing, do you practice like you are going to be starting or do you have a different process?
3. Are you always ready to go into a game if someone gets hurt, with your helmet by your side?
4. Now you played a little quarterback and were the third string quarterback for the Packers a couple of years ago, did you practice by throwing to yourself?
5. How did you balance practicing being the quarterback and the wide receiver?
6. When you first caught a pass from Brett Favre, what went through your mind?
7. How did it feel to finally get a touchdown pass after being an undrafted player in 2004?
8. When you drop a ball on a play, what do you do to keep your spirits up and move on?
9. What are your expectations for the 2009 season Packers season?
10. What personal goals do you have for yourself in this upcoming 2009 NFL season?
I hope to see a lot more of Ruvell Martin in the upcoming season. He has the ability to play every down, but I think his roll is perfect though as the guy who comes in a few times a game on offence and make a difference.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!