UFC Fight Night 26 is now in the books. On the whole it was a successful show, most fights delivering in the way of action, several stoppages looking like future highlights. The UFC's future on Fox Sports 1 appears to be bright.
Speaking of the future, several fighters did well for themselves tonight, improving their prospects. Chael Sonnen grabbed a much needed victory, Urijah Faber continued his climb back toward the bantamweight crown and Travis Browne earned his first signature victory.
But where there is uplifting triumph there is also crushing disappointment, and that is a sentiment several fighters from UFC Fight Night 26 can attest to.
Sadly, Shogun's career continues to trend downwards, Joe Lauzon failed to deliver a victory to a hometown audience and Mike Brown may have reached the end of the road.
Unfortunately, it all has to balance out somehow.
Take a look at the quick results below, or scroll further down for a full play-by-play and recap of each UFC Fight Night 26 matchup.
UFC Fight Night 26 Main Card
- Chael Sonnen def. Mauricio Rua, submission (Round 1, 4:47)
- Travis Browne def. Alistair Overeem, knockout (Round 1, 4:08)
- Urijah Faber def. Iuri Alcantara, unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Matt Brown def. Mike Pyle, knockout (Round 1, 0:29)
- John Howard def. Uriah Hall, split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Michael Johnson def. Joe Lauzon, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)
Fox Sports 1 Prelims
- Michael McDonald def. Brad Pickett, submission (Round 2, 3:43)
- Conor McGregor def. Max Holloway, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Steven Siler def. Mike Brown, knockout (Round 1, 0:50)
- Diego Brandao def. Daniel Pineda, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Manny Gamburyan def. Cole Miller, unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ovince St-Preux def. Cody Donovan, knockout (Round 1, 2:07)
- James Vick def. Ramsey Nijem, submission (Round 1, 0:50)
Tune your browser here when UFC Fight Night 26 begins for live play-by-play and analysis of the action as is breaks.