Rich Schultz/Getty Images
Current Top 15 Vote-Getters
1. Justin Upton, Braves: 1,184,249
2. Bryce Harper, Nationals: 1,182,532
3. Ryan Braun, Brewers: 945,665
4. Carlos Beltran, Cardinals: 847,924
5. Shin-Soo Choo, Reds: 743,755
6. Hunter Pence, Giants: 624,972
7. Andrew McCutchen, Pirates: 576,201
8. Angel Pagan, Giants: 572,400
9. Matt Holliday, Cardinals: 491,629
10. Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies: 482,719
11. Gregor Blanco, Giants: 475,662
12. Carlos Gomez, Brewers: 472,272
13. B.J. Upton, Braves: 420,104
14. Matt Kemp, Dodgers: 389,372
15. Jay Bruce, Reds: 374,852
Biggest Potential Snubs: Domonic Brown (Phillies) and Michael Cuddyer (Rockies)
There are a number of candidates here, and Carlos Gomez sitting at No. 12 in the voting stands out as a potential snub, but I've decided to go with two guys who didn't even crack the Top 15 here.
Brown, who was viewed as a possible rookie of the year two years ago, has struggled to establish himself at the big league level. That is until now, as he currently leads the NL with 17 home runs while hitting .291 with a .921 OPS.
Cuddyer, who signed a three-year, $31.5 million deal with the Rockies prior to last season and was somewhat of a disappointment in his first season in Colorado, has been great so far this year. He's currently hitting .344 with 10 home runs and 36 RBI for a 1.021 OPS.