Tim Redding Getting Ready
Tim Redding moved one step closer to returning to the major league club yesterday when he pitched four scoreless innings during an extended spring training game.
Redding had off-season toe surgery and after signing with the Mets he attempted to rush back, resulting in a shoulder issue from over compensating for the toe.
Redding will more then likely make a start in Buffalo and is about 10 days away form returning.
When he returns it will put the team in a very precarious situation; who will go down or be cut ?
Bobby Parnell has options but has become one of Manuel's go to guys.
- Brian Stokes has been filling the long man role and has been effective, he's out of options and there's no way he makes it through waivers, so trading out one long man for another seems out of the question.
- The Mets really botched things when they brought up Casey Fossum, after looking so desperate to get a second lefty on the roster, will they really try to pass Fossum through waivers?
- Maine is out of options but if he has another bad outing would they move him to the pen or DL him?
- Ollie has options but has to accept assignment ( over five years service), if he looks like bad Ollie again would they strong arm him into the minors?
- If Livian gets bombed he might get a quick hook as they exchange fifth starters.
Tim Redding tossed four scoreless innings in an extended spring training game Saturday while registering 90-93 mph with his fastball. It's presumed Redding will make one start for Triple-A Buffalo late this week before being activated by the Mets in about 10 days. source Daily News
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?