Weekly Record: 2-4
Current Record: 4-8
- Well, even though this isn’t the start everyone wanted, there’s something to be said for not being swept in any series
- Todd Freakin’ Coffey—I’m amazed at the jams he’s gotten out of
- I’ve been very impressed with Mike Cameron and Rickie Weeks so far—keep it up, guys
- Hopefully the pitching we saw this weekend is a taste of things to come.
- Goth/Elvis/Abe Lincoln Brewers (It’s a tad early for a slumpbuster—but I can’t argue with the results)
- We’re not even out of the first month and some fans are jumping ship—The Brewers “have shown no sign of completely turning their season around.” Are you kidding me? There hasn’t been enough season to have a complete turnaround.
- Not yet winning a series does suck though—I’m not going to lie.
- Gary Sheffield just had to hit his 500th against the Brewers, didn’t he? No justice…
- The pitching all around—the relievers are being used a lot early in the season and I don’t like that. Only one starter has an ERA under four. Only three relievers have an ERA under five.
- Jason Kendall, JJ Hardy, Prince Fielder, and Ryan Braun all under .230 Batting Average! On the bright side, three of those players usually have fairly slow starts.
This Week in Stats (YTD)
ERA: 4.10 (5.14)
BA: .235 (.224)
Opponents BA: .264 (.264)
Slugging Percentage: .413 (.397)
Fielding Percentage: .996 (.984)
Currently 18 out of 30 teams are at .500 or less
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!