Hot Stove 1969 Mets Quiz Answers
Here are the answers to yesterday’s quiz.
1. The Mets won 100 games during the regular season in 1969.
2. They defeated the Braves, three games to none, in the NL playoffs.
3. Tommie Agee led the team in home runs that season, with 26.
4. The Mets acquired first baseman Donn Clendenon from the Expos at the trade deadline in exchange for Steve Renko, Kevin Collins, Bill Carden, and Dave Colon.
5. Ron Taylor led the club in saves, with 13 (Tug McGraw was second, with 12).
6. Cleon Jones batted .340, and Art Shamsky hit an even .300.
7. Donn Clendenon was the World Series MVP.
8. Al Weis led the team in batting in the World Series, with a .455 average.
9. Gary Gentry started game three of the World Series and threw 6.2 shutout innings, as the Mets beat Baltimore, 5-0.
10. Elrod Hendricks hit the first of Tommie Agee’s famous catches, in the fourth inning, with runners on first and third and two outs. Paul Blair hit the second one, in the seventh inning with two outs and the bases loaded.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?