Weekly Record: 2-4
Current Record: 2-4
- Winning the home opener
- Rickie Weeks scoring runs
- The Brewers ability to get the starters out quickly
- Not too many Cubs fans at the home opener
- Tons of the loud and annoying variety of Cubs' fans on Saturday.
- Losing opening day and the opening series and home opener series.
- Hardy hitting behind Fielder and this is one reason why: If there’s one out and first is open, teams have walked Prince. Then JJ comes up instead of the speedy Corey Hart. Let’s say the pitcher does his job and gets a ground ball. With Prince and JJ running, two of the slowest members of the team, it’s basically an easy double play.
- Suppan…sigh…picking up where you left off, I see.
- Prince and Braun getting the chance to win or tie the game Saturday and Sunday and not doing it.
This Week in Stats:
Weekly ERA: 6.23
Weekly BA: .214
Weekly Opponents BA: .264
Weekly Slugging Percentage: .380
Weekly Fielding Percentage: .973
Jeff Suppan was the First Brewers starter to lose on opening day since Jamey Wright lost to open the 2001 season.
Prince hit his 500th hit April 8 and was the third youngest to do so.
Jason Kendall hit .467 the first week last year, he has yet to record a hit yet this year.
Yovani Gallardo has already tied Brooks Kieschnick for most home runs hit by a Brewers Pitcher, with three.
The Brewers became the ninth team in history to walk in four runs in a row.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!