Let’s take a look at the pitchers projected to make two starts for fantasy week two and see which are options that make sense using.
Generally, if I rate someone as a three-, four- or five-star option, they are someone I would definitely use.
A two-star option is doubtful to be used, but if I needed someone it is possible. The one-star options are an absolutely not scenario.
With that said, let’s take a look at the options:
- A.J. Burnett—New York Yankees: @ TB, vs. Cle
- Jon Lester—Boston Red Sox: @ Oak, vs. Bal
- Scott Kazmir—Tampa Bay Rays: vs. NYY, vs. CWS
- Edinson Volquez—Cincinnati Reds: @ Mil, @ Hou
- Chad Billingsley—Los Angeles Dodgers: vs. SF, vs. Col
- Yovani Gallardo—Milwaukee Brewers: vs. Cin, @ NYM
- Zack Greinke—Kansas City Royals: vs. Cle, @ Tex
- Chien-Ming Wang—New York Yankees: @ TB, vs. Cle
- Chris Carpenter—St. Louis Cardinals: @ Ari, @ CHC
- Javier Vazquez—Atlanta Braves: vs. Fla, @ Pit
- Gavin Floyd—Chicago White Sox: @ Det, @ TB
- John Danks—Chicago White Sox: @ Det, @ TB
- Ted Lilly—Chicago Cubs: vs. Col, vs. Stl
- Matt Garza—Tampa Bay Rays: vs. NYY, vs. CWS
- Kevin Slowey—Minnesota Twins: vs. Tor, vs. LAA
- Randy Johnson—San Francisco Giants: @ LAD, vs. Ari
- Mike Pelfrey—New York Mets: vs. SD, vs. Mil
- Ubaldo Jimenez—Colorado Rockies: @ CHC, @ LAD
- Fausto Carmona—Cleveland Indians: @ KC, @ NYY
- Chris Volstad—Florida Marlins: @ Atl, @ Was
- Koji Uehara—Baltimore Orioles: @ Tex, @ Bos
- Todd Wellemeyer—St. Louis Cardinals: @ Ari, @ CHC
- Jesse Litsch—Toronto Blue Jays: @ Min, vs. Oak
- Glen Perkins—Minnesota Twins: vs. Tor, vs. LAA
- Jamie Moyer—Philadelphia Phillies: @ Was, vs. SD
- Vicente Padilla—Texas Rangers: vs. Bal, vs. KC
- Zach Duke—Pittsburgh Pirates: vs. Hou, vs. Atl
- Dana Eveland—Oakland Athletics: vs. Bos, vs. Tor
- Doug Davis—Arizona Diamondbacks: vs. Stl, @ SF
- Daniel Cabrera—Washington Nationals: vs. Phi, vs. Fla
- Zach Miner—Detroit Tigers: vs. CWS, @ Sea
- Walter Silva—San Diego Padres: @ NYM, @ Phi
- Ricky Romero—Toronto Blue Jays: @ Min, vs. Oak
- Brian Moehler—Houston Astros: @ Pit, vs. Cin
- Dustin Moseley—Los Angeles Angels: @ Sea, @ Min
- Carlos Silva—Seattle Mariners: vs. LAA, vs. Det
- Carl Pavano—Cleveland Indians: @ KC, @ NYY
- Koji Uehara was impressive in his major league debut against the Yankees, but he’s an almost impossible play this week, even with two-starts. At Texas and at Boston? No thank you.
- None of the two-start options appear very appealing, though the matchups Jamie Moyer has seems pretty favorable. While I hate that ballpark, the fact that he’s got the Padres is about as much as you could ask for.
- It’s going to be a reality check for Ubaldo Jimenez this week. He was tremendous in his first start, but on the road against the Cubs and Dodgers will prove if he’s for real or just for show.
- Jon Lester has very great matchups this week and would probably be my top choice of pitchers if I was simply basing it on that alone. Still, he’s no guarantee considering what Baltimore did to the Yankees staff in the opening series of the season.
Which two-start options do you like for the upcoming week?
THIS ARTICLE IS ALSO FEATURED ON WWW.ROTOPROFESSOR.COM