Dana White: Georges St-Pierre Will Likely Fight Nick Diaz; Not Johny Hendricks
Dana White has had to deal with fighters wanting to pick and choose their opponents for much of the last year. However, it's usually when a fighter turns down a big-name opponent that it's newsworthy.
Today, White confirmed that Georges St-Pierre has requested to fight Nick Diaz in his next contest, and it looks like the long-time lightweight champion will get his wish.
Dana just said GSP told him I want Nick Diaz. Dana said that's probably the fight we'll make.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) December 6, 2012
The two men have feuded for much of the last 16 months in anticipation for a twice-scheduled fight that was originally expected to unofficially unify the UFC and Strikeforce welterweight championships.
Originally the encounter was called off after Diaz famously skipped out on a pair of pre-fight press conferences. After the Stockton bad boy ravaged BJ Penn at UFC 137, the fight was rescheduled for UFC 141 in February of this year.
That fight would also be canceled, as St-Pierre was forced from the contest due to an injury to his ACL.
While this news is sure to please many fans, there is no question that welterweight contender Johny Hendricks cannot be pleased. After scoring wins over Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch and Martin Kampmann, which includes two first-minute knockouts, he was widely expected to be next in line.
This fight has yet to be officially scheduled, but it cannot be before Super Bowl weekend, as Diaz is wrapping up the final months of a one-year suspension that followed a failed drug test.
Stay tuned to Bleacher Report MMA for all the latest breaking news for all things UFC.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?