Every second Sunday of March, I, along with millions across this country, watch the unveiling of the season's NCAA Tournament.
We then spend an excessive amount of time predicting what we think will happen in the tournament, and this year is no different.
By Tuesday afternoon, I finally had it all laid out. So here it is.
First, I'll go with my first round upsets, which in my definition means a higher seed over a lower seed.
(11) St. Joe's over (6) Oklahoma
(9) Kent St. over (8) UNLV
(10) Davidson over (7) Gonzaga
(12) Temple over (5) Michigan St.
(14) Cornell over (3) Stanford
(11) Baylor over Purdue
Obviously, I'm going with the chalk for the other picks in the first round and the matchups in the second round. Here are my picks in the Sweet Sixteen.
(1) UNC over (5) Notre Dame
(3) Louisville over (2) Tennessee
(1) Kansas over (5) Clemson
(2) Georgetown over (3) Wisconsin
(1) Memphis over (4) Pittsburgh
(2) Texas over (6) Marquette
(1) UCLA over (4) UCONN
(3) Xavier over (7) West Virginia
(3) Louisville over (1) UNC
(2) Georgetown over (1) Kansas
(2) Texas over (1) Memphis
(1) UCLA over (3) Xavier
(2) Georgetown over (3) Louisville
(1) UCLA over (2) Texas
(1) UCLA over (2) Georgetown
So there it is. I have UCLA cutting down the nets with a talented and experienced squad.
With their great defense, solid big men, and terrific guard play, Ben Howland and the Bruins finally get over the hump.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!