With John Cena's arm currently in a sling, reports are varying as to how long the WWE superstar will be out on the sidelines for, a debate that may be causing friction between him and company boss Vince McMahon.
Cena took to Twitter days after the surgery to report that he'd likely be out for close to six weeks:
I am supposed to lay low for SIX WEEKS. I will send surgery photos and video to @wwe so they can see how bad it really was..— John Cena (@JohnCena) September 19, 2012
His comments contrast with WWE.com, which had previously reported that he would be facing only two to three weeks recovery time from surgery to recover bone fragments in his arm.
According to former WWE writer Court Bauer, the mix-up is sure to not go down well with McMahon, who had previously informed officials that WWE.com was correct in their original report (via Wrestling Inc).
"From what I know, Vince McMahon himself, in the agent meeting, the producers meeting, told everyone straight up the dude is out for just two weeks, 'we dodged a bullet and that he's very much in the mix moving forward.' That was Tuesday, he said that," said Bauer.
"So you have to wonder if Vince and the doctor said it and Cena is saying six weeks, there is an interesting issue there. Is it that John Cena wanted the full six weeks out?"
Whether or not this is a former employee trying to aggravate matters is debatable, but what is clear is that there was a clear break down in communication that made the mouthpiece of the company (WWE.com) look embarrassing.
Cena did make an appearance on Monday Night Raw, though it is still unclear as to whether or not he'll be ready for the next pay-per-view, Hell in a Cell.
Ryback will certainly be hoping that's not the case.
What do you think of the dispute between WWE.com and Cena?