10 Questions with White Sox Prospect Aaron Poreda
I recently asked former High School teammate, and White Sox top prospect Aaron Poreda 10 questions about everything from his expectations for the season to the daily life during Spring Training.
Aaron is a 6'6" 240 lb. left handed pitcher from Campolindo High School in Moraga, CA. He attended University of San Francisco for three years and was the No. 27 pick in the first round by the Chicago White Sox.
Aaron is competing for a spot in the starting rotation this year and was recently named the No. 34 in the Top Fantasy Baseball Prospects for 2009 article on ESPN.com.
Here are the questions I asked to Aaron.
1) What are some of your goals for this season and what do you hope to accomplish?
AP: My biggest personal goal is to be a starting pitcher in the rotation this year. I also want to stay healthy for an entire MLB season and of course win a World Series championship.
2) You used to have one of the best pick off moves I ever saw. Have you had success with the move as you worked your way up through the Minors?
AP: I now use my pick off to just hold runners close and keep them from stealing. I have been known to pick off a few base runners here and there, but nothing like in high school.
3) If you were a starting pitcher in the Nation League, how many home runs would you hit?
AP: LOL, well if were speaking hypothetically, I think I could hit 5-10 for sure!
4) So far in spring training, which player has been the most fun in the clubhouse?
AP: I would have to go with my manager Ozzie because he is such a character and a riot in the clubhouse
5) What is a typical day like for you at Spring Training?
AP: We stretch, throw, do some fielding practice, maybe swing the bat if were lucky, throw a bullpen, do our conditioning and lifting, eat some lunch and head home. We take our work seriously, but we have fun at the same time.
6) Have you heard any great Ozzie Guillen quotes you want to share?
AP: He likes to use a lot of colorful language, but sorry no quotes. That stuff should stay in the clubhouse.
7) What have you improved on most since last season?
AP: My slider has improved dramatically and my change up is getting better and more consistent everyday
8) What song do you enter the game with?
AP: I pick a different song every year, but this year I was thinking of either Day Dreaming (remix) by DJ Drama, that's right behind Akon & 3 6 mafia, or lollipop remix by Lil Wayne & Kanye West.
9) What are some of your favorite things to do off the field in Glendale, AZ?
AP: I like to get my tan in February because no one else the U.S. can, go out to the clubs in Phoenix and Scottsdale, drive around in my car while blasting my subs, and play guitar and video games.
10) What are some other things you would like White Sox fans to know about you?
AP: I'm a nice, good looking guy that is going to work as hard as I can to win a World Series.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?