Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to my weekly recap list. I always appreciate my loyal readers, but for those of you who are new, each week I recap SmackDown with a long list.
The entries are made up of equal parts observations, humor, recap, play-by-play, revelations, speculations, questions, answers and anything else I notice during the show. I sometimes comment on commercials, too, just because I get bored during them.
I am working on something to add to the recap lists which should be finalized soon.
I try and interject some fun into these lists, so I hope you have fun reading this week's list of the 129 things we learned, loved and hated from the show.
1. The show opens with a recap of Raw.
2. I swear they are changing the intro video every week. I just saw the Prime Time Players and I do not remember them being in the video last week.
3. AJ is starting off the show. I like it. She has intrigued me for the past few weeks.
4. She says there is a very simple reason for why she kissed Kane on Monday.
5. Nobody wanted Vickie to come out right now.
6. Vickie says that AJ is not the big story, it is Dolph Ziggler being in the World Title match at No Way Out.
7. I have to admit that if anybody was going to interrupt, I am glad it was Ziggler.
8. Mr. Ziggles says he is better than teaming with Jack Swagger.
9. Ziggler just used the term non-compos mentis in a stream of words to describe AJ. Damien Sandow is smiling.
10. CM Punk's music hits and AJ looks very happy to see the man who digs crazy chicks.
11. Punk says no one should have to listen to Vickie keep repeating herself every week.
12. Punk mocking the fact that Ziggler has had a few title matches and never closed the deal makes me think he could win on Sunday.
13. Daniel Bryan comes out to what looks like a very positive reaction, despite the canned boos we are hearing on television.
14. Bryan says AJ is playing Punk and he doesn't even know it. I thought about how that could be a possibility. Maybe she will turn on everyone but Kane and really prove how nuts she is.
15. Sheamus interrupts Bryan on his second "Yes" to join in on the fun.
16. They should have the people who are facing each other team up instead of champions vs. challengers. It would be more interesting.
17. Or not. I don't know.
18. Sheamus wants the match to start right now, but AJ says she has something she needs to take care of and then she tries to lunge at Vickie, with Punk and Sheamus trying to hold her back.
19. Nice. She pulled that off really well. Her quick jump from totally calm to crazy heel was great.
20. The match starts as we come back from commercial and it's Punk against Bryan to start off, but Sheamus makes the quick tag in.
21. Sheamus and Punk using some quick tags to keep Bryan in their corner.
22. Booker says you don't often see the WWE and World Champions teaming up. That's funny because I seem to think it happens pretty regularly. Maybe half a dozen times a year in a match like this right before a PPV.
23. Punk holds a standing suplex on Ziggler for about 20 seconds before finally dropping him. That was impressive because Punk is not known for his power and despite Ziggler being small it is not easy to hold a 210+ pound man above your head like that for very long.
24. Bryan and Ziggler take the advantage over Sheamus in their corner and they start double-teaming him.
25. Wow! Michael Cole actually mentions how Ziggler was a World Champion for a very short time. They usually ignore that fact.
26. Punk gets the hot tag and starts working over Bryan with some signature moves.
27. Punk takes a spill after Bryan countered the high knee in the corner and then he takes a leap off the apron to hit a flying knee to Punk.
28. This match is really good so far. Punk and Bryan have always been great but I think they both turned it up a notch once they started feuding with each other. Maybe it's to prove two smaller Indy guys can sell tickets. Whatever it is, I love it.
29. Bryan is in control of Punk when we return from commercial and Ziggler tags in to take over.
30. Bryan misses a big flying headbutt and Punk is able to make the tag, and so does Bryan.
31. Sheamus comes in and starts taking Ziggler apart until Bryan breaks up a pin.
32. Ziggler goes for a Fame-asser, which Booker incorrectly calls a Zig Zag, and Sheamus hits White Noise.
33. Vickie distracts Sheamus and AJ pushes her into the ring, but Ziggler is still able to capitalize and he pins Sheamus to win for his team.
34. Great match with an ending I am happy with.
35. Vickie and AJ are in the ring together and Vickie shoves AJ.
36. AJ gets a crazy look on her face and then she goes mental on Vickie.
37. Vickie ends up pushing AJ into the apron pretty hard and AJ goes down while Vickie makes her escape.
38. Kane comes out while AJ is still down and he picks her up to take her to the back.
39. Punk attacks Kane from behind and he drops AJ so he can focus on Punk.
40. Punk gets thrown back in the ring and Bryan tries to work him over, but Kane just comes in and chokeslams both of them.
41. AJ is standing on the ramp as all this goes down and she drops to her knees and starts laughing in a very odd way.
42. I don't know what to make of that. I guess that means the angle is working well.
43. I like that Cameron and Naomi are in the graphic for the Brodus Clay vs. David Otunga match at No Way Out.
44. What a coincidence. Clay and the Funkadactyls are out next.
45. Some kid they show in the crowd looked so excited to see Clay. Or that was for someone else and they just edited it in at that moment. I have caught them doing that before.
46. Am I the only one who assumed Clay would have been a little better at dancing by now?
47. A replay of Big Show attacking Clay from three weeks ago is shown after Clay's entrance.
48. Clay has a mic. Not sure how I feel about this.
49. He talks about how he is banned from Raw and going near Big Show.
50. Did he just say "hot minute?" Tell me he did not just say that! That's for you, Booker.
51. Clay addresses John Laurinaitis and says he wants some real competition.
52. Heath Slater's music hits and even Clay laughs at how ridiculous this is. Hasn't Clay squashed this guy a few times already?
53. It's Time! It's Slater Time!
54. That is the last time I will ever type those words.
55. Clay beats Slater in about as much time as it took me to type that last line. Figures.
56. Otunga attacks Clay while he is dancing and he starts working over Clay's leg.
57. Clay is down and Otunga is really working him over. Finally, some real aggression from Otunga.
58. I have been waiting for him to make an impact and this could be the best way to do it right now. Taking out the undefeated Clay would do wonders for Otunga with how sparingly he has been used as of late.
59. How convenient that in order for the camera man to get a shot of Clay's face after the attack, he has to have the butts of the Funkadactyls on either side of the shot.
60. That is not a complaint, just an observation.
61. Layla is at ringside to watch the Alicia Fox vs. Beth Phoenix match.
62. Foxxy Mama pulls off a few impressive moves before Phoenix hits her with the Glam Slam for the win while staring right at Layla.
63. Even though she lost, I think Alicia Fox looked OK for the short match. She seemed to be better in the ring than the last time I saw her.
64. I always forget Layla has an English accent, probably because WWE never lets her talk anymore.
65. I miss Michelle McCool.
66. WWE shows a recap of when the Muppets hosted Raw, and Hornswoggle actually gets to talk as himself for once. Nice to see.
67. Johnny Ace is out next and he is without the scooter after Vince McMahon ran it off the stage in what I felt was a very funny McMahon moment.
68. JL shows us a replay of Raw, again. This is the same thing we saw in the beginning of the show, wasn't it?
69. JL talks about how his job has been on the line before and he has come out on top, so this time will be no different.
70. He brings out Big Show next.
71. Wow! Show takes shots at Sting, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. Surprising given that every one of those people is under contract to TNA and WWE is in the middle of a lawsuit with TNA at the moment.
72. Show talks about how he came to WWE from WCW looking for greener pastures and instead he got cow pies. I paraphrased.
73. Big Show even mocks his own name.
74. He starts running down the guys who passed him up like Orton and Cena. Again, surprised he mentioned Orton while he is suspended.
75. Big Show says he will do what he has never had the chance to do on Sunday.
76. Cole stops JL from leaving and he tells him that John Cena is on his way to the arena.
77. Big Show goes back in the ring and says he will be easy for Cena to find.
78. Vickie is out again with Jack Swagger, who will be facing Christian.
79. Swagger and Christian exchange offense until Swagger knocks Christian head over heels outside the ring.
80. Booker's saying should be put on T-shirts. "It's Swag Time" would be a great shirt for Swagger, especially as a heel.
81. Swagger got some major elevation on a standing leg drop, which he missed, of course.
82. Christian starts to come back and he does his move where he leaps over the top rope and hits a big slap.
83. Swagger grabs Christian for the Ankle Lock, but Christian rolls through and hits a big flying elbow off the middle turnbuckle.
84. Swagger gets knocked off the top rope and Christian hits the Frog Splash for the win.
85. Decent match. Quick but fast-paced and well executed by both men.
86. Tonight's show has had some standout moments, which is rarer for a SmackDown.
87. Two jobbers are in the ring so that must mean Ryback is coming out.
88. They tell a knock-knock joke, which is absolutely terrible.
89. Ryback's music hits to interrupt these jamokes.
90. How hilarious would it be if Ryback went to do his first promo and he still talked like Skip Sheffield?
91. Why is Booker always trying to say these jobbers have a chance against Ryback? Who is he kidding?
92. Ryback is looking sloppier than usual tonight. He threw one of the guys across the other one's knee instead of his chest.
93. Ryback sets up both men for whatever his finisher is called and wins the match easily.
94. Mason Ryan needs something to do. Have him feud with Ryback. it would be two powerhouses who are both sort of green.
95. Wait, I just proved why my own idea would be terrible. Disregard that last item.
96. Sweet. Tyson Kidd is in the ring to face Damien Sandow. If this match is five or more minutes, then it should be awesome.
97. Showing this replay of Sandow stopping Hornswoggle's impression of Jim Ross makes me like him that much more. GO SANDOW!!!
98. His entrance music is effin' perfect for his character. This is an excellent gimmick that WWE would be wise not to waste.
99. HA! He just called SmackDown a "serial."
100. I love how Cole thanks Sandow after his pre-match promo.
101. Sandow takes Kidd down early with a rolling Russian leg-sweep and then hits a spinning elbow drop which Cole says is named something in Latin.
102. Kidd hits a nice kick and then a moonsault which saw him jump and spin on the top turnbuckle before launching off. Impressive move.
103. Sandow kicks off Kidd's attempt at a Sharpshooter and hits his finisher for the win.
104. This match was still short, but I liked it. Sandow looked very aggressive and Kidd showed at least one impressive move in the few seconds of offense he had.
105. We get another Raw flashback moment when Cole was knighted by a fake Queen.
106. Whoa! I just saw the one person who bought a Corre shirt in the crowd during that clip. Did anyone else catch it?
107. John Cena is shown backstage in JL's office with no one else around. He looks like he heads towards the ring as we go to commercial.
108. After the break we get Cena in the ring making some reference to a hometown landmark to get a cheap pop.
109. Cena says he is not hiding from anyone.
110. Wait! Why does it matter if Clay goes to Raw or not when Big Show can come to SmackDown whenever he wants?
111. I am sure this is a plot-hole everyone else noticed by now, but I figured I would point it out anyways.
112. JL comes out with the crutch he obviously doesn't need. Someone teach that guy how to limp.
113. Ace says Big Show is not coming out and what happened to Vince McMahon on Raw was all Cena's fault.
114. JL says he sent Big Show home so the main event at No Way Out can still take place.
115. Remind me why is this match the main event? There is no title and it's not like these two have never faced each other before.
116. JL reminds Cena that he is the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations.
117. Check WWE.com, Johnny. Triple H has that position now.
118. JL makes some threats to Cena that he will embarrass him again if he is not careful.
119. Cena says he is embarrassed by the fact that he works for JL.
120. That is the second smoker joke at JL's expense in the same week. I guess Vince is really down on him for smoking right now.
121. Or is that another jab at his scratchy voice?
122. JL says that if Cena loses at NWO, he will fire John Cena the next night.
123. Cena clocks Johnny with what looked like a more realistic punch that Cena usually throws.
124. He actually shook his hand like it hurt more than expected.
125. The show goes off the air with Cena standing tall.
126. That was a good go-home show heading into No Way Out.
127. There were a few good matches and we even got to see some Divas who did not have a terrible match.
128. Sandow is going to be something special in this business if he keeps getting better the way he has been. I have not been as entertained by a new gimmick as I have been by his in quite some time.
129. I really hope WWE moves forward with the team of Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel because if Kidd can pull off more moves like that moonsault, then those two could be a great high-flying team.
Thanks for reading and feel free to share your thoughts and additions to the list below..