1. Anderson Silva - Silva is among the pound-for-pound elite. He is riding an eight fight win streak in the Octagon with finishing off all his opponents in devastating fashion. He is scheduled to face Thales Leites in April.
2. Thales Leites - Leites, primarily unknown by casual fans, is use to being on the under card, however after putting together a five fight win streak, including wins over Marquardt and Drew McFedries, finds himself placed in a title bout
3. Michael Bisping - Michael Bisping, season three winner of the ultimate fighter, has been on a tear throughout the middleweight division with wins over Jason Day, Charles McCarthy and Chris Leben. He is now a coach on season nine of TUF and will face off against Dan Henderson at the show's conclusion.
4. Dan Henderson - Henderson is riding a two fight win streak over Rousimar Palhares and Rich Franklin, and will be a coach on season nine of TUF.
5. Yushin Okami - Currently 7-1 in the UFC with his only loss to Rich Franklin. He is in line for a title late this year with a couple of wins. He also holds a DQ victory over the champ, Anderson Silva.
6. Nate Marquardt - Marquardt is one of the more well rounded fighters in this division. He went 2-1 in 2008 with his sole loss coming via controversial split decision to Leites.
7. Patrick Cote - After losing four straight fights in the UFC Cote rebounded with five wins over highcaliber fighters. He broke his leg 39 seconds into the third round of the title fight.
8. Demian Maia - Maia is undefeated sporting a record of 9-0 with eight stoppages. He holds wins over Nate Quarry and Ed Herman and will look to solidify his spot as a contender this year.
9. Rousimar Palhares - Toquino is one of the best jiujitsu pracitioners in the world. He holds notable wins over Ivan Salaverry and Jeremy Horn.
10. Wilson Gouveia - Wilson is 5-2 in the UFC and won his last two fights. He will face top contender Nate Marquardt at the end of February.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!